Magic 1/1 to 1/8 - Any Questions?

Rowan555

We just returned home last night from this cruise (six or so hour debarkation delay due to fog, so it was very late when we arrived home). Had a great cruise, tons of fun with lots of positives and only a few negatives. If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer! I will try to post some thoughts later on when I feel more recovered, lol!

We had the spa pass, by the way, because we stayed in an interior spa cabin. We enjoyed the facility and I'm happy to comment on any aspects of it. I wasn't sure beforehand if it would be worth the upgrade - and frankly, I'm STILL not sure! I can comment more on that later too if anyone wants more details!

We just returned home last night from this cruise (six or so hour debarkation delay due to fog, so it was very late when we arrived home). Had a great cruise, tons of fun with lots of positives and only a few negatives. If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer! I will try to post some thoughts later on when I feel more recovered, lol!

We had the spa pass, by the way, because we stayed in an interior spa cabin. We enjoyed the facility and I'm happy to comment on any aspects of it. I wasn't sure beforehand if it would be worth the upgrade - and frankly, I'm STILL not sure! I can comment more on that later too if anyone wants more details!

I've had my phone app set with galveston since our cruise, got up yesterday and saw heavy fog in the morning. Seems to be a very persistent Galveston problem.

Future people booking out of there on any line should account for that possible delay in their flights.

we did the lido deck, I think that upgrade was well worth it, not sure about the spa will be interested in hearing your thoughts.

I am very glad to hear you had a great cruise with mostly positive comments. we sail on The Magic on the 5th Feb. worried about fog but it one of those things that is out of our control so no point dwelling on it!!!!

look forward to your next post!

Hi,

A few questions:

What did you think of the overall food quality?

Did you have a cove balcony- if so, please comment.

Was there shuffleboard and if so, where was it located?

Did you experience long lines for the mongolian wok?

What kinds of movies are shown in the evenings on the poolside jumbo screen? I've heard lots of comments about infomercials but looking forward to watching an actual movie in the evening to relax in the fresh air.

Thank you.

I've had my phone app set with galveston since our cruise, got up yesterday and saw heavy fog in the morning. Seems to be a very persistent Galveston problem.

Future people booking out of there on any line should account for that possible delay in their flights.

we did the lido deck, I think that upgrade was well worth it, not sure about the spa will be interested in hearing your thoughts.

We embarked 2 or so hours late due to fog, then debarked 6 hours late. So yeah, I'd say this time of year you need to arrange travel plans around the likelihood of delays.

I think Lido Deck is a GREAT location, probably IMO the best location on the ship for a cabin. We also loves Deck 12, as you could walk right out and be at the Waterworks and Sports areas, where we spent a lot of time.

Was it warm enough on the first sea day to be out in a bathing suit/shorts?

Sarah

It was, but for me, too cold for the swimming pools and slides the entire cruise. Didn't seem to bother my daughter, or lots of other people, though! It was very overcast all three days in port also, so I didn't get in the water at all. Strangely, it felt warmer in Galveston Sunday than it did in Cozumel!

Tell me about tendering in Grand Cayman. Slightly concerned after booking an independent excursion re: timing.

Thanks!

First hour was a madhouse, then it slowed down a bit. After the first 90 minutes or so, you no longer needed a tender ticket and you could just proceed to the gangway. I'd hesitate to arrange any excursions that leave less than an hour from arriving in port. Also, we were a bit late to port, which could also cause you some trouble with an independent excursion.

Hi,

A few questions:

What did you think of the overall food quality?

Did you have a cove balcony- if so, please comment.

Was there shuffleboard and if so, where was it located?

Did you experience long lines for the mongolian wok?

What kinds of movies are shown in the evenings on the poolside jumbo screen? I've heard lots of comments about infomercials but looking forward to watching an actual movie in the evening to relax in the fresh air.

Thank you.

The food was about the same as the last 4 or 5 cruises, but I did notice the quantity has decreased a bit in terms of dinner in the main dining rooms. This didn't bother us, but it's something we noticed several nights. We LOVED the burrito bar on the Lido Deck, and we ate there just about every day for lunch. I found the Lido Deck to be a bit less congested at lunch time than the Triumph, and even the Conquest, which was a pleasant surprise. Lines were, however, ALWAYS long for the Mongolian Stir Fry - if you want to eat there, get there early, or wait until the end of lunch.

Table shuffleboard is in the Red Frog Pug - it's super fun, we played every day.

Movies were shown in the evening and at night on the big screen - they included Alvin and the Chipmunks, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, 50 First Dates, Forrest Gump, and Shakespeare in Love. On the last night they showed the NFL playoff games instead, at the request of many guests. Comfy fleece blankets were available at the towel hut on Lido, as was popcorn (during the movies only).

We had an interior Spa cabin, sorry!

Oh...were you on the Western itinerary? And, if so, did you by chance save your Fun Times? :D

Didn't save them, but I know they are available to view either on John Heald's page or on Zydecrocruiser's website (I think John's).

Can I ask what were the ages of your kids? Mine are 11 (girl) and 8 (boy). He is pumped about the water park!! I'm hoping by May it will be a bit warmer.

10 and 12 - they had so much fun, made so many friends, and participated in so many activities that I think we maybe spent an hour a day with each of them! It was a great break for us ALL!

10 and 12 - they had so much fun, made so many friends, and participated in so many activities that I think we maybe spent an hour a day with each of them! It was a great break for us ALL!

OK great! My kids are so clingy though. Last time at ages 4 and 7 they didn't go to camp Carnival at all! So, now they think they don't want to. Not that I want to get rid of them, I just don't want them to miss out on some fun stuff! Guess we will see.

the same age as me niece and nephew on our 3/11 cruise. Did your kids do Camp Carnival?

Archived