Upper Deck over Showroom

cdamion

How bad are the forward balcony cabins over the theater? Anybody have any problems with them? For the first time I didn't book a cabin sandwiched between 2 passenger decks.

I figure that there would not be any noise after the 2nd show, but am now second-guessing myself and trying to figure out if it is worth another $100 to move a deck higher.

Don't do it! Had a friend in one of these cabins and it was noisy at all times throughout the day/night - lots of rehearsals, not just shows! Says it was as if he was 'at the show' inside his cabin.

He complained at the purser's desk - they sent him a set of earplugs and some drink coupons - 'nuff said!

I had room 6211 on the magic. Fwd balcony. LOVED the room. perfect part of the ship where you could look down at the water. My brother and i NEVER heard any noise from the show lounge. We usually went to the early show (1 night we went to the later show), but never heard a beat or anything.

We were in a cabin near that area on the Glory. We were the first cabin on Upper deck forward right by the elevators. We had absolutely no problem at all with noise. Of course, we spent very little time in the cabin. We were seldom in bed before 11pm and were only in the cabin for short periods during the day. I would take that room again in a heart beat. Loved the level we were on in addition to the location of the cabin.

If I line things up, it appears that I am actually over the forward-most exit to the theater not a seating area, so I am hoping it will be a bit quieter. I have already upsold myself several times. At this point I am hoping there is a dip in fares after final payment in a few days and I can bump up to the next category.

We'll see. Thanks for the feedback!

We had a cabin right above the Taj Mahal theatre on the Pride, on the Upper Deck. The only noise we heard later at night (like 10pm - midnight) was the bass from the music for the shows. We did not hear rehearsals or anything else. I believe they also had some shows in the theatre during the day (like Love and Marriage), but without music, we didn't hear anything...that or I was able to just sleep through it. Will it be quiet 24/7? No. But is it like being under Lido? Definitely not.

Archived