Disembarkment times for Century/Eastern Carrib.

Soon2bMrs

Hi,
We are taking our first cruise this fall and while in St. Thomas we are getting married.
Can anyone tell me about what time do they let you get off the ship in St. Thomas. The itinerary says that we get in port at 7am.
Also what time do you leave the ship in Ft. Lauderdale the day you come back? I want to make sure that I plan my flight home.

Thanks!

We just got off the Infinity Eastern Caribbean trip on Sunday. For some reason it took longer than usual to clear the ship in Fort Lauderdale. It usually takes under 2 hours from when you get there, so don't expect to get off the ship until at least 9:00 AM. We got off at 9:45 AM. I think they started letting people off around 9:15 AM or a little after (that would be the early debarkation people).

As for St. Thomas our excursion was at 9:00 AM so I know people were off the ship before that. I don't think it takes that long to clear you can probably get off around 8:00 AM.

Our friends got married in St. Thomas at Frenchmen's Reef.

Good luck and Congratulations.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;14;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until Celebrity Zenith - NYC to Bermuda

Big Red Boat II – New York to Canada/New England, August 2000
Regal Empress – New York to Canada/New England, August 2001
Millennium – 10 Night Southern Caribbean, August 2002
Millennium – 13 Night Mediterranean, August 2003
Infinity – 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, April 2004
Zenith - 7 Night NYC to Bermuda, August 2004

I agree with what CruisingChick stated about getting off of the ship.

Usually you can figure on getting off around 9:00 AM. but it all depends. Having taken the Century five times I think the latest we were ever off of the ship is around 9:30 AM.

By the time you get your luggage and a cab to the airport I would not book a flight before 11:30 AM.

Thank you both.

How about St. Thomas? I'm trying to plan my wedding and before it we have to go to the courthouse to get our license. That's why I'm worried about what time they let us off the ship. We need to get that done, go back to the ship, I need to get ready and then have the wedding which will be on the beach. We're having a little reception on the ship when we leave so I wanted to have a nice, quick early ceremony so that my guests and my husband and I can enjoy the island for a few hours.

We are also staying in a Sky Suite.... do those have prefernce in the disembarkment times???

Hi, in St. Thomas you should be able to get off the ship soon after you dock. If it says 7:00 AM, I would say then you could get off around 7:15 or 7:30 AM.

Suites get priority debarkation where allowed and this is just on the final destination (Fort Lauderdale). As soon as you are in St. Thomas and can get off the ship as soon as it is cleared, they will annouce it and you can just get off.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;14;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until Celebrity Zenith - NYC to Bermuda

Big Red Boat II – New York to Canada/New England, August 2000
Regal Empress – New York to Canada/New England, August 2001
Millennium – 10 Night Southern Caribbean, August 2002
Millennium – 13 Night Mediterranean, August 2003
Infinity – 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, April 2004
Zenith - 7 Night NYC to Bermuda, August 2004

Ditto above concerning the 7:15 - 7:30 time period. You'll have plenty of time to get where your going since they'll be tons of taxis out front waiting by the pier.

PS Most places don't open until 9:00.

fun,fun,fun,
the warmth of the sun,
JBrown

booked - Sun Princess (SC-10) Feb 27, 2005
Celebrity Century (EC-7)03/03
Sea Princess (MR-7) 03/02
Sea Princess (WC-7) 03/01
Grand Princess (EC-7) 03/99
Sun Princess (WC-7) 03/98
Celebrity Century (EC-7) 09/97
Star Princess (SC-7) 09/94