Montego Bay Canopy Tour aka Zip Line 4/6/05

sunvalley cruisers

SeaGoddess we booked through Princess and the price was $99. You are hanging there with nothing under you to support you, however I always felt completely safe. You do have a harness that goes around your upper body and between your legs. It is not uncomfortable. One hand holds (lightly) onto the zipline and the other hand holds onto the line in front of you. You wear special gloves at all times. It is very easy, my 12 year old did it with no problem. Well he actually did have a problem, one line is very long, over a valley and he is so light he couldn't make it to the other side. They had to come from the other side to get him. It wasn't a big deal. Take a video camera. My husband had ours strapped to his wrist. Sometmes me and the kids would go first and he would vidoe tape us from behind. Then sometimes he would go first and video tape us crossing over. The videos are awesome!

I agree with Cali-C, we had trouble trying to book it a couple of months out, and then about 4 weeks out we could finally book it, the button just happened to show up on the booking page. We kept calling Carnival support, but all they told us was to keep checking back. To just keeping looking, it will eventually show up. Remember that booking on-line is still "new" to Carnival.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Thisis the BEST tour ever! We went there last April and loved it. I am terrified of heights however my 12 year old begged me to go. I couldn't let him show me up. So glad I did it. We have another cruise booked April 06 and will do it again. My husband is 230 and had no problem. My 12 year old didn't make it all the way across the long one because he was so light. They had to come down from the other side to get him. He didn't care, thought it was exciting. Anyone with any sense of adventure MUST try this tour. Worth every dollar we paid for it!!!!

how much did your 12 yr. old weigh? My 11 year old son only weighs about 65 lbs. and I am worried he will be way too light!! and not have alot of fun going fast.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

We'll be in MoBay from 8:00 - 4:30 next month. There is a canopy tour that starts at 8:30. I was hoping to do that then go to Dr. Cave Beach & Margarettaville (sp?) then grab some Coffee and Rum on the way back to the ship by 4:00. Would we have enough time to do all of that.

Thanks in Advance!!

Juanita

I clicked on the link and when I went to book it (for $80), it indicated that cruise ship passengers had to go though the ship because the spaces were prefilled.

I hate using ship excursions, but may have to do so this time.

Juanita, even if we survive this, we still have to get through Aruba!

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Well, we'll be swinging in Jamaica mon:D

It can only be booked through the cruise line. We are on the Zenith and the cost was $92 each.

Thanks to all who posted on this excursion-we never would have known about it or booked it without your input:).

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Hi,

We'll be in MoBay from 8:00 - 4:30. There is a canopy tour that starts at 8:30. I was hoping to do that then go to Dr. Cave Beach & Margarettaville (sp?) then grab some Coffee and Rum on the way back to the ship by 4:00. Would we have enough time to do all of that.

Thanks in Advance!!

Juanita

Does anyone have feeldback on this question??

Thanks in Advance!!

Juanita

This might be a stupid question, but, do all of these zip line tours(shoretrips, chukka, etc) use the same zip line or do they each have their own? If separate, how do I know which one is the best? In one of the pictures on one of the websites I saw someone climbing what looks like a telephone pole to get to platform. Is this something a 40+ year old non athletic person can do?

• 3 weeks later...

I have done three different zip lines and they are all NOT to be missed. I just returned from the Princess Diamond doing the Mexician Riveria. We did the zip line in Purto Valarta (it was called the outdoor challenge) it was AWESOME. I am 47, my husband 48 our friends in early 50's and my sister inlaw early 60's!! It was the highlight of all of our trip! If you have any questions at all feel free to e-mail me at landrycruises4u@verizon.net

Joyce

Archived