do you feel this is being dishonest??

okay. mom and dad (us) would like to book a balcony for this go round. boys (ages 15 and 9) are going as well. my sister is going single, booking with a friend. it is sooo much cheaper to book the boys in the room with her as the 4th and 5th. The 15 year old is looking forward to getting away from us, lol, and will really stay with her. the 9 year old, is still pretty attached to us and may change his mind and want to stay with us, although at this moment he swears he wants aunt sherry.

1)is this being dishonest? if i do book them in with my sister but the young one decides to stay in our room from time to time.

2) can i book a room with an upper if its only me and hubby on booking for that room?

It is unlikely that they will allow you to book a room with an upper for two people. However, the sofa can be made up as a bed. I wouldn't call it dishonest. Let him sleep where he wants. Only problem will be, his Sail & Sign card will not open the door to your room.

not sure if you can book with an upper bunk but I think the couches open up to a bed?

Even though it seems obvious that all sofas would be beds, there are in fact cabins on ships that have sofas that do not convert. OP would need to specifically pick a room that holds 3. And sometimes, especially if you call to book, some PVPs will not let you book a room that holds more than you are booking for.

It is unlikely that they will allow you to book a room with an upper for two people. However, the sofa can be made up as a bed. I wouldn't call it dishonest. Let him sleep where he wants. Only problem will be, his Sail & Sign card will not open the door to your room.

Guest services will give them cards to get into the rooms however they request it.

Carnival will not give a room with an upper or even a room for 3 to 2 people.

Guest services will give them cards to get into the rooms however they request it.

Carnival will not give a room with an upper or even a room for 3 to 2 people.

It's not entirely impossible to get a room that holds more. Our last cruise me and DH originally had a 2 person room, then a few months before the cruise, I noticed a room in a better location opened up and I called and switched rooms. It was a quad room but just me and DH. Had no problems getting the room.

Of course, I was full aware (even though the PVP didn't say anything) that if needed, we could be bumped from that room.

It will depend a lot on time of year for you to be sure you can keep a room with more that two berths for a two person booking. If you read the contract of carriage you will find that Carnival reserves the right to move you if they can sell the cabin to a party that needs the extra berth(s).

Still it is possible as we have occupied such cabins more than once. What you need to consider is the possibility that you may be moved and if you are what will be the ramifications if your 9-year-old decides he wants to sleep in your cabin. Will you be willing to switch to the inside or will you tell your son no?

Sofas do not open-up into beds on Carnival. Some sofas convert to a single berth by removal of the cushion back of the sofa. Cabins with sofas that do this have the symbol on the deck plans showing the extra capacity. I don't think their is any way to distinguish a third berth symbol as a sofa or a pulldown but balcony cabins that show two upper berths will have one pulldown and one converted sofa.

okay. mom and dad (us) would like to book a balcony for this go round. boys (ages 15 and 9) are going as well. my sister is going single, booking with a friend. it is sooo much cheaper to book the boys in the room with her as the 4th and 5th. The 15 year old is looking forward to getting away from us, lol, and will really stay with her. the 9 year old, is still pretty attached to us and may change his mind and want to stay with us, although at this moment he swears he wants aunt sherry.

1)is this being dishonest? if i do book them in with my sister but the young one decides to stay in our room from time to time.

2) can i book a room with an upper if its only me and hubby on booking for that room?

Can you book 3 in each cabin (you, DH and DS in one cabin and then sister, her friend and your other DS)? This would make sure that there is an extra bed in each cabin...

I dont think this is dishonest. We just booked our next cruise in a similar way. We have 5- Me, DH, DS (18), DD (10), DD (8). We booked a junior suite and the inside room right across the hall for the same price as all five of us in one room. I booked myself and one DD in the suite, and DH, DS and other DD in the inside. We all know that isnt where we will be sleeping :p Most likely we will be sleeping with myself, DH and the 8 year old in the suite and the 18 and 10 year old can have the inside room.

I figure either way, we are paying for 5 people and they will eat the same amount and take up the same amount of space regardless of where they actually end up sleeping.

Not sure about who will sleep where but for the price why don't you let sis book with the balcony. You and the kids book the inside and then go to guest services when on board and switch.

I think the reason they don't want to do this is the same reason they are asking about "dishonesty". Forget who sleeps where for the moment; they want to book three in the inside but sleep three in the balcony because the third person rate is cheaper less expensive in an inside cabin than the third person rate in the balcony.

In order to do this they need to book two three-person cabins. They can do this but it is possible the cabin with two booked but sleeps three could be given to someone else if the cruise line needs it.

We did not have kids sailing with us but we paid for and picked the cabin we wanted. It happened to have three.

You are right about the room steward but honestly, I don't think they care. Friends went with grandparents and kids recently and the kids went back and forth.

Good luck!

My parent's just booked on the Magic for 10/14/12, quad room and it is only two of them. They booked it because it is directly across the hall from our inside cabin. I thought it would be an issue, PVP said no problem.

It's not entirely impossible to get a room that holds more. Our last cruise me and DH originally had a 2 person room, then a few months before the cruise, I noticed a room in a better location opened up and I called and switched rooms. It was a quad room but just me and DH. Had no problems getting the room.

Of course, I was full aware (even though the PVP didn't say anything) that if needed, we could be bumped from that room.

Sofas do not open-up into beds on Carnival. Some sofas convert to a single berth by removal of the cushion back of the sofa. Cabins with sofas that do this have the symbol on the deck plans showing the extra capacity. I don't think their is any way to distinguish a third berth symbol as a sofa or a pulldown but balcony cabins that show two upper berths will have one pulldown and one converted sofa.

Not all ships have this type of sofa. On my May cruise with my MIL and SIL I was sleeping on the sofa. There was a mattress resting on top of wooden slats. On the last day, SIL and I were messing around with it to see how it turned into a sofa and with much difficulty we figured out that the sofa seat was on the other side of the wooden slats and there was a way to flip everything around so the sofa seat was on top. Hard to explain, but definitely more than taking off cushions.

I do not see anything wrong or dishonest-you are paying for all passengers and then just moving them around to different cabins.

I think you are probably a very honest person that you were even concerned about being dishonest and this will not effect your honesty

level. Have fun!!

I have been in a quad room with only 3 people. I have also been in a tri (?) room with 3 people. This cruise we are on the Freedom and wanted to be on the spa deck, but only have 3 people and they are quad rooms. My PVP explained that because certain sailings have room/people restrictions, we are not allowed a quad room for 3 people. This is usually because it is a very popular cruise and they want all the people they can get.:) Just checked spa deck and there are still lots (at least 8) rooms open.... wish I could have gotten one of those.

i did non read thru all the posts so someone might have already stated this but u can book a room for more than 2 people. carnival just has the rights to boot u from the room if someone needs that size of room in that category and there are no other ones left. we just did this and that is what the pvp told us.

Archived