Changes to UK T&C's - 1st minor change no longer free?

peteukmcr

It was my understanding that for UK reservations made with RCI UK it used to be possible to make a minor change (change of stateroom for example) at no charge, (plus any increase if the category of the stateroom costs more than the one originally booked).

However, I have just checked the T&C's for the UK available on the website and it would appear that all minor changes now incur a £35 per person charge if made more than 56 days from sail date.

Can anyone confirm that the 1st minor change made more than 56 days from sail date is now no longer available for no charge?

Below is an extract from the T&C's found online

"For all minor changes (such as change of stateroom or name changes on an existing booking) outside of 56 days from departure, an amendment fee of £35 guest per booking will be payable together with any costs incurred by ourselves and any costs or charges incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers. Please note:the amendment fee is a non-refundable amount, which will be included in any cancellation charges as in point 1.10 above."

Surely the answer is in the question, you have stated what the T&Cs are, so that surely is what you wanted to know .
As you can see from the answer by a previous reply, it has always been understood that the 1st minor change was free for those booking in the UK, and so there is confusion and that's the reason for my query to see if anyone else has experienced this change.

One of the UK hosts has already said that there is no charge for the 1st change of stateroom if it is in the same category, but the T&C's do not make that clear.

Do you have a problem with me asking a question?

Archived