Ordering Dessert at Beginning of Meal?

Rowan555

On our 1/1 Magic cruise, the server took our dessert order at the beginning, when he took the rest of our order. This is the first time in 23 Carnival cruises that the server hasn't waited until we were done with our entrees to take our dessert order. Is this something new fleetwide, or specific to the Magic? I never know if I will want dessert until after I've eaten, so we just skipped dessert each night.

Seems like I remember other cruisers commenting on experiencing this recently. When DH and I cruised NCL in 2010 we were asked to order dessert when we placed our dinner order. But, the desserts were listed on the same menu. Did they give you both menus at the same time, or are the menus all combined now??

Seems like I remember other cruisers commenting on experiencing this recently. When DH and I cruised NCL in 2010 we were asked to order dessert when we placed our dinner order. But, the desserts were listed on the same menu. Did they give you both menus at the same time, or are the menus all combined now??

The dessert menu was in with the other menu pages. I'm not sure if they also had a separate dessert menu for guests to look at, as we were not given one. I'm not making a big deal of this, I'm just curious if it's done this way on the Magic because of the number of passengers, or if it's something Carnival is doing fleetwide. We'll be on the Elation in 1 month, so we'll see what happens then!

On our 1/1 Magic cruise, the server took our dessert order at the beginning, when he took the rest of our order. This is the first time in 23 Carnival cruises that the server hasn't waited until we were done with our entrees to take our dessert order. Is this something new fleetwide, or specific to the Magic? I never know if I will want dessert until after I've eaten, so we just skipped dessert each night.

They took the whole order last May on the Magic and the Dream before that. I usually always know what I want anyway. For those who wanted to wait it was no problem. They just said that they will decide later and the waiter brought the dessert menu after the entree was done.

you know...you could have...

1. ordered at the beginning and then if you changed your mind..just told the waiter that..

2. Said to the waiter that you wanted to wait until after the meal to order...

but seriously..if you skipped dessert each night..it was because you felt you wanted to...not because of the waiter's ordering techniques.

Archived