Difference between SE and SF grade on Norwegian Jade

pould

Folks,

I'm looking to book a cruise with my wife on the Norwegian Jade. What's the difference between the SE and SF grades? Looking on the deck plans the SE grade is much larger, but is that mainly a larger balcony? Is there any other difference? Given that we're planning to cruise down to the Canaries at the start of March, not sure a bigger balcony is anything to pay extra for!!!

Thanks for any help.

Peter+

Folks,

I'm looking to book a cruise with my wife on the Norwegian Jade. What's the difference between the SE and SF grades? Looking on the deck plans the SE grade is much larger, but is that mainly a larger balcony? Is there any other difference? Given that we're planning to cruise down to the Canaries at the start of March, not sure a bigger balcony is anything to pay extra for!!!

Thanks for any help.

Peter+

The important difference in my opinion is that the SF is aft-facing. Many people prefer this for the view, the serenity, etc. Location is everything in making this choice.

SEs are on the front of the ship on decks 9 and 10. I think the balconies are bigger, ours was huge! Not sure if the rooms are any bigger than the SFs in general, but the view coming into port (if you get up that early) is amazing! And if you're lucky enough to get 10000 or 10500 (which we had), the room is bigger than the others in this category because the bridge juts out in the center and the rooms, which are immediately below the bridge, also jut out. It makes the balcony a little smaller, but you have kind of a bay window area in the living room. The only disadvantages to the SEs is you have to keep the curtains closed at night if you have the lights on, and there are 2 doors to get to the balcony, a solid decorative door that opens to a heavy metal watertight door that the steward closes when he turns down the bed. You can open the door again if you want, but it's a bit of a pain, and you do need to close it when you go to bed because the wind whistles around the inner door if the watertight door is open. We would open it first thing upon waking up, usually before the sun was up. Still, while I do enjoy being on the back of the ship, the 2 cabins I listed would win hands down!

I think you did! One other thing I forgot to mention, though, is that the balcony is very windy when the ship is sailing. It's not bad coming in and out of port because the ship is moving slower, but when they pick up speed at night, and even to an extent on sea days, it was quite windy. It wasn't enough to keep us off the balcony except when we were going from Cannes to Barcelona the last night of the cruise when there was some mildly bad weather. The seas were pretty high so the boat was rocking quite a bit. The wind was so bad we could barely open the watertight door. We only lasted a few minutes before going back inside and closing the door for the night.

Thanks guys.

The impression I'm getting from your replies is that it basically comes down to whether you prefer to be at the front or back of the ship. Am wondering whether aft might be better, but is there much noise from the theatre / pools?

Thanks guys.

The impression I'm getting from your replies is that it basically comes down to whether you prefer to be at the front or back of the ship. Am wondering whether aft might be better, but is there much noise from the theatre / pools?

I always sail aft on deck 10 and have not had a problem. We love the serenity back there! I have heard people talk of problems on deck 11 because of the chairs being moved around in the Great Outdoors just above. Stick with deck 10 and you'll be a happy cruiser! :)

To some degree it is a preference of front or back of ship, but the balconies in for the forward penthouses are huge, and as I mentioned, if you manage to snag cabin 10000 or 10500, the room itself is bigger, as the balcony is reduced a little. I believe even with that reduction, the balconies are larger than the ones for the aft penthouses.

Archived