Intercontinental Beachcomber - Tahiti

kwkirbo

Do we need converters for le coffee machine ??

We are coffee lovers and will be staying at this fine hotel pre and post TP.

So we are bringing the Mr. Coffee machine, will the power work or do we need converters ??

Thanks !!!

We stayed at the ICBC MOZ in an OWB in Feb. There is one outlet in the bathroom that you can use. However - I did try to use my converter and it tripped the circuit breaker. So - I asked at the front desk and they had one of their (larger box type with cord) adapter installed so my wife could use her hair dryer...I to recharge batteries, etc. I have no idea why my converter did not work properly at the ICBC MOZ. I did have the correct FP plugs for the area. We've previously used then with no problems on other FP Islands, Australia, New Zealand, etc., - go figure. BTW - there was an electric coffee maker in the room - if you want to use that for coffee/tea. Hope this helps. SeaFish

kwkirbo - don't know if you were asking for clarification or not...Re: "Popping Circuit Breaker"???

But - FYI - when I used my converter and plugged-in my wife's hair dryer....there was the sight & sound of an electrical short... & then there's was no electric power in the entire unit. Each ICBC MOZ OWB has a locked circuit breaker box located at the rear of the unit. All that was needed was for a maintainance man to open the box/re-set the breaker and the power was back. That is when I decided to use the hotel supplied converter. It worked well - except that we only had the one outlet. No big deal - when on vacation. Hope this helps - SeaFish

Stayed there last month in a regular room, not an OWB. The bathroom had a regular outlet, just one though. I had an extension cord and used that for my hair dryer and curling iron. There was also one outlet in the bedroom, near the table. This room also had some kind of coffee making machine, but it looked old and very used.

Seafish and ajl111 - thanks. Good to know the circut breakers trip, especially when over water.

Another question: How far is this hotel from the Faa airport and the pier ? Is it wihtin walking distance to downtown ?

My buddy called their this week, but had a hard time understanding.

Thanks !!!

We took a coffeemaker but didn't use it here; at the ICB in Moorea we did and had the circuit breaker problem there;we were in a beach bungalow.

The hotel is 10 minutes from the airport, a long way from town and the pier. But you can take Le Truck easily down and back. Just make sure the one you get on in town stops at the ICB--ask the driver. The concierge will give you a nice map and explain all this. There is a bus stop for Le Truck right outside the entrance to the hotel.

Archived