Cruise Itinerary-Two Cruises

nvrassume

I would appreciate a recommendation as to which cruise I should take.

If anyone has been on any one of these it would greatly help in deciding.

Riviera-Sept 2-14, Barcelona to Lisbon (Morocco, Canary Islands). I know Riviera hasn't been commissioned yet.

Marina-Sept 12-27, London to Barcelona (Belgium, France, Portugal, Morocco). Both cruises could be new this year but any experience going to any of these countries would be appreciated

It is difficult to advise on an itinerary when we don't really know you and your likes. But I take it these ports are new to you????

For me, I have a slight preference for the Riviera itinerary because it has a couple of ports that are new to me and goes back to Valencia which we really enjoyed back in 2005. I would also like to see Tarragona as opposed to Barcelona.

For me, both itineraries have the drawback of Casablanca. But if you have not been there before and can manage a tour of the Mosque, then you absolutely should do so.

Granada allows you to visit the Alhambra, which is another must-see. I don't know what the travel time to Granada is from Motril since we've always gone into Malaga. But Malaga is a 90 minute drive, so Motril may well be closer, which would be a recommendation.

The Marina itinerary is also interesting and as I take a second look, has more ports that would be new to us than I noticed at first. Also, Oporto and Lisbon are strong points for me because we love these two cities. And overnight in Barcelona is always a plus.

In the end, I cannot advise you! Both itineraries would be welcome ones for us. It should cost you a little less on Riviera since it is a 12 day itinerary as opposed to the 15 days on Marina, but if money isn't a consideration ...

If you haven't been to any (or most) of these ports, then you can't really go wrong with either one. (In my opinion!)

Have fun deciding!

Mura

Hi!

We are booked on the Sept. 12th cruise on the Marina. I chose this cruise because of the variety of ports. That will be our 13th Oceania cruise. If you join us, we have a large Cruise Critic group with many people going on private tours together.

Rhea

• 5 months later...
Hi. We are taking this tour and have been on 3 tours with Oceania. We are looking for small group to do private tours. Do you have any info.

Thanks Wendy13:o

Wendy

Welcome to Cruise Critic

You need to go to the Roll Call for your cruise to join up with fellow passengers.

Go to Roll Calls, click on Oceania roll calls, click on your ship and you will then find your sailing.

Hi. I'd like to hear more in detail about the tours you are booking, the prices and if there is room for us. How did you find a large cruise critic group? I am having trouble navigating this site. Thanks

Wendy13

Archived