To those who have stayed in a JS catagory

I just booked into a JS on the Navigator and it will be my first suite. I got $100 off for being PLatinum, which is great.

I know you don't get the benefits of the other suites (concierge, robes, etc) but can someone get me excited about the JS rooms? The more I look at them they don't seem very fancy at all - just sort of a slightly BIGGER catagory D room -right?

I got a SUPER rate at least!!

Heather: While the JS does not have all suite benefits, it is more than just a larger room. You will have a bathtub, walkin closet, sitting area with extra chairs, etc. Since you are Platinum, you will also get robes to use during the cruise. Don't forget that the balcony is also larger. :D

Bruce

Priority embarkation is a BIG plus! There has been some controversy on here as to whether or not the JS qualifies for priority embarkation, and it does. We waited comfortably in the lounge at the Port ( with the other suite guests and C&A's ) we were amongst the first to board the Radiance when she was ready :)

There is PLENTY of storage space in the JS, the bathroom includes shampoos, soaps as well as body lotion ( another nice extra)! The walk in closet was fantastic! We had more space than we needed.

We had a grand suite our first cruise, and I was a little disappointed that our next cruise we had to settle for a Junior Suite. However, when I saw the jr. suite I was more that happy with it. We still had a larger room and the walk in closet was wonderfull. (ps get one of those folding hampers it fits great in the closet and kept the room clean and was easy to keep dirty clothes together). We had our first aft so that also added to the enjoyment.

Had a JS on the Jewel for our wedding in February. The walk in closet was key as it gave me somewhere to stow a wedding gown. And the hamper idea really works -- though we just used a duffle bag.

It was significantly larger than the ordinary balcony cabins. Nice spacious bathroom with tub, large balcony, plenty of storage space and extra seating. Since we had a big group sailing with us, it was nice to be able to gather in a cabin.

Our friends had GS across the way, and while it was larger, the layout didn't seem as nice -- at least not for our needs. I am sure you'll be happy with the JS.

Just got off the NOS in a JS and loved it. We did not get any advantages to being in a suite class, maybe since the lines were not long to check in. The line through security was much longer. Maybe they need a priority line for security screening. At the end of the cruise, our state room attendant gave us a sheet to pre-pay as if we were in a real suite. I don't think so. If anything, it was easier for him to do his job, because there was much more room and all the clutter was in the closet, not the room.

We have had a Junior Suite (3 times) on Rhapsody and on Vision (1 time). Love it!!! We got robes even before we got to Platinum status...we had gotten them on Rhapsody so when we were on the Vision I asked for them and they were delivered!

Archived