Tour Companies

robcruz

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone give me the names of some reputable tour companies in Barbados? I am interested in a land tour with some beach time. Thanks.

Robert

Hoping someone can offer some suggestions too. We'll be in Barbados in April for the first time and really do not have any idea of what to do or how to get around.

I have been on 5 southern caribbean cruises; have used private guides/tours on about

18 ports of call. Always had wonderful PRIVATE excursions, just my family.

One major booking company to consider on any of the caribbean islands is

Shoretrips.com

The small company is based in Wisconsin. Check their website for unique tours at

every port of call, including Barbados.

We have booked many tours through them, and they have always been dependable.

I have arranged for private guides who are professional, prompt, knowledgeable.

My family has taken island tours, horseback riding excursions, snorkeling trips,

through that agency.

I would recommend their tour, over any ship sponsored one.

THE MAIN BARBADOS EXCURSION IS THE "SILVER MOON" SNORKEL ONE.

However, you desire a land tour. We initially took a 4X4 "off road tour", through the

ship(our first cruise-didn't know better).

*** However, you book a land tour, make sure you visit the Bathsheba area of Barbados.

It is a beautiful coastline with huge black boulders on the shore, huge waves, brilliant blue ocean.

The tour will take you to points of high elevation, where you have great views of that

coastline.

I will gladly answer any more questions, about Barbados. I have taken 5 cruises there;

another one in 2013!

We have used Sarah Taylor's Glory Tours twice over the past 3 years and have had a terrific tour each time. She can handle groups that number 2 to 14 or more quite easily. We have been so impressed we will likely use her again when we are back on Barbados next year.

http://www.glorytours.org/

I have had major problems with Glory tours. They said my credit card was declined. Then got my statement from the bank and the card had been charged 3 days before they said it had been declined. Sent them several emails. To date I've had no replies. The bank is trying to recover my deposit for me. One of Glory tours email addresses for Sarah bounced.

We have been in Barbados twice and used the same great agent. We were in Barbados last Thursday 2/10.

Try www.cameronbarbadostours.com or contact him at cameireid@yahoo.com. You could also find his agency on a search engine.

He does island tours; price is very reasonable and his tours meet your needs. Beach time not a problem.

I would use him again, but tell him what you want. He has a clean van; he is so knowledgeable and such an honest person. I highly recommend him.

What we liked best was we saw this beautiful island in a private way and no crowds. Hope this works for you.

We had a fabulous day in Barbados on an island tour we booked with http://barbadoscruiseexcursions.com/. We were met at the cruise ship terminal by our driver, he took us on a drive to go see the monkeys, this wasn't in the monkey sancutary, he took us to where they live, it was great! We also visted a pottery studio and our guide stopped so we could buy some lunch to take with us to the beach. We spent the afternoon on a beautiful beach, ate lunch, swam, relaxed. we were back at teh cruise ship by 4pm. This was one of my favorate days of our cruise!

We did the 5 hours snorkel and lunch with Small Cats. The catamaran only holds 12 people so its very personable. It was small but very smooth! You first go snorkeling with the Turtles and then swim over a few old ship wrecks. After that you go for a sail up the coast where you anchor by a beach for lunch on the boat. The lunch was awesome the drinks were non stop all day and the crew was a blast!!

We have been in Barbados twice and used the same great agent. We were in Barbados last Thursday 2/10.

Try www.cameronbarbadostours.com or contact him at cameireid@yahoo.com. You could also find his agency on a search engine.

He does island tours; price is very reasonable and his tours meet your needs. Beach time not a problem.

I would use him again, but tell him what you want. He has a clean van; he is so knowledgeable and such an honest person. I highly recommend him.

What we liked best was we saw this beautiful island in a private way and no crowds. Hope this works for you.

I'd like to know what he charged you, and what you did please? Also, does he meet you at the pier? Thank you.

I'd like to know what he charged you, and what you did please? Also, does he meet you at the pier? Thank you.

The cost for a 4 hour tour was $33 per person. Great and personal tour. Cameron does meet you at the pier. If you book, he will tell you where to meet him outside the terminal. He will take you back to the ship after your tour if you like. We opted to walk around town and had lunch and then walked back to the terminal.

The cost for a 4 hour tour was $33 per person. Great and personal tour. Cameron does meet you at the pier. If you book, he will tell you where to meet him outside the terminal. He will take you back to the ship after your tour if you like. We opted to walk around town and had lunch and then walked back to the terminal.

Sorry, just saw your question about what we did. I have been to Barbados before and toured with Cameron. We toured the places I loved, the beaches at Bathsheba are incredible.There are also sweeping views of the island from many vantage points. We saw quite a bit of the island again.

If you are familiar with the island, just tell him where you want to go. If not, he will ask what interests you and accomodate your request. He gave us a map of the island where we toured.

I'm having problems contacting Sarah @ Glory Tours. Part of it may be my fault since I waited until earlier in the week to send my deposit for the tour. I was set to book the tour and then I read many posts regarding overcharges and Sarah's lack of response. But I really didn't see any other tours that fit our needs as much as the Beautiful Barbados tour with Glory, so I decided to chance it with Glory.

Once my payment was submitted, the following screen told me to contact her if I did not get my Tour Vouchers sent to me as they were needed to get on her tour. Since we leave our computer access very early in the morning and set sail on Sunday, I have been trying to reach her via email & telephone for 2 days. No response from the email and when I tried to telephone her I received a message that her voice mailbox was full and couldn't accept any messages. We leave tomorrow and I have no idea if we have a tour in Barbados or not. Guess we will go it on our own when we get there.

I wanted to post an update to my post above. Not long after posting on the board, I received an email with my ticket for the tour. Looking forward to it because I have heard nothing but praise as for the tour. Will post a review when we return.:)

We booked a private tour with Glory in february and after some rather confusing emails which did cause a bit of angst, our tour was great!!! Jamal was our driver and we spent time at Harrison's Caves, Hunt's Gardens (absolutely beautiful and can't wait to go back), quick drive to the Atlantic side of the island, stop off at the Sand Bar restaurant for flying fish sandwich (not sure if they were really flying fish but it was very good) and finally a snorkel trip to the wreck and swim with the turtles. Our day was really full but didn't feel too rushed.

One tip is that we did not use our credit card but told Sarah we preferred cash which she obliged.

I would highly recommend Jamal and Glory Tours.

stu

We are having trouble contacting her and have decided if she ever replies we will do only cash as I do not need hazzles with my credit card. I can see from the threads that there could be a potential problem that I have to waste time reconciling and want to avoid.

It would be great to get names of other tour operators that do an island tour and some beach and shop time.

Do a Google search for Carson Moore Taxi Tours, he is amazing, reasonable and you have him all day and he will take you were you want to go (or he will make suggestions). He has a 15 passenger van so if you have more people the cheaper it is.

I have him booked for April 20th - still have two spaces available if anyone is interested.

Can someone give me the names of some reputable tour companies in Barbados? I am interested in a land tour with some beach time. Thanks.

Robert

Barbados offers alot of everything--from sightseeing and beach stops, ziplining, swimming with turtles or visiting Harrisons Cave. In researching tour options for our cruise stop in Barbados (back in 2009), I have put together a list of private tour operators. (Some of these tour operators have been mentioned already in this thread).

You can take a land tour with such operators as Cameron Reid, Scenic Barbados Tours, Glory Tours, Johnson Tours, or Coconut Tours or explore the island on a jeep safari with Adventureland. If you want to go on the seas and swim with the turtles you can take an excursion on a catamaran like the Tiami, Silver Moon, Calabaza or Shasa. These are popular excursions and lunch is provided.

What we did: We booked Harrison’s Cave and Rockley Beach with Scenic Barbados Tours. With Andy as our guide, we visited such sites as Harrison's Cave, Bathsheba (located on the rugged east coast side of the island), St. John's Parish Church and Accra/Rockley Beach.

Click on the link below to view our video presentation.

Length 4:06

Archived