Tendering at Grand Cayman

athlete010688

Hi - I've never been on a cruise before. I understand that you have to tender at Grand Cayman. Could someone please explain to me the process of tendering on Celebrity? I believe the ship is at Grand Cayman from 7am-4pm. What time would we have to be back to the pier to tender back?

We are wanting to do the Stingray and Island tour through Nativeway Watersports, and the tour goes from 10am EST - 2pm EST. I'm assuming that would be enough time, but just want to make sure before I book the tour! I looked through the excursions through the ship, and I didn't see one that offered the things that the Stingray and Island tour offered (stingray city, Turtle Farm, Tortuga Rum Factory, 7-Mile Beach, the Governor’s House, and town of hell). If I missed an excursion through the ship that offers those things, please let me know!

Thanks so much - I've learned so much looking at Cruise Critic!

I'm going to guess that the process is pretty much the same for all lines, the ship's staff will tell you what time the last tender is, just make sure you are back before then. If you have 4pm as your leave time, then the last tender will likely be 3:30pm. The good excursion operators know all of this and will get you back to the ship with plenty of time. The tender in Grand Cayman took us all of about 5 minutes.

Just got back from the Celebrity Solstice. Our tenders took about 15 minutes (we were a little farther out). I think the last tender back was 3:45.

They'll do a ticket system for the AM tenders. If you need to be off the ship early you can get on one of the first ones that way. Then it goes to open tendering. If you book with a ship excursion you don't have to get a ticket, the tender the whole group off together.

We were on a private excursion and we got our ticket and walked right onto a tender. Not as easy as walking off the ship, but nothing to worry about either.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived