Not a fan of "anytime dining"

ILoveCruiseShips

We liked anytime dining but we almost always ate at a table for 2 and also went earlier in the evening. Once we left there was usually a wait to sit down. However, we like to eat at our own pace and don't like the suuuuuper slow dining in traditional dining. Our waiter was good at brining us our next course when we wanted it and didn't pace it out as much as traditional dining.

our meals always took two hours...I would of liked them to be quicker...maybe we should of asked them to be. lesson learned. By next cruise we should be smarter...lol

We just got back from the Valor. When we booked there was only anytime and late dining left. We chose anytime because we had a group of ten and mostly children. We always had a wait, some days longer than others...we tried to get to the dining room between 6-630. And later tried 7-730 because of the waiting game...but didn't matter which time we went, still a wait...we even resorted to splitting the group up to tables of 4, 4 and 2 nearby..sometimes it worked, sometimes not. I prefer a set time because we missed the personal treatment of the staff...we found them to be not as friendly...maybe the tipping thing, who knows. Next time I would rather a set time...just my prefeance, I like to be treated well in the dining room.

We usually use the anytime dining because 80% of the time it's just me and my husband. We eat alot in the Pinnacle Grill and other restaurants on board too.

our meals always took two hours...I would of liked them to be quicker...maybe we should of asked them to be. lesson learned. By next cruise we should be smarter...lol

We just told our waiter what we wanted and he was fine with it. He said "most people want the long dining experience" but we told him we simply didn't like dinner taking 2 hours and he was happy to quickly bring our next course when we were finished eating our previous course!

Like others have said, it isn't for anyone. I completely understand for you and your group it was not a match. For me, the jury is still out. I've only done ATD on one cruise, and we enjoyed it. However, that cruise had a lot of other variables (the addition of daughters to the mix) so I don't think I can truly judge the change yet. I'm still undecided on the matter.

Archived