Cell phones on board?

Arrow Fan

I was just reading my docs on line and I came across mention of roaming capabilities on board ships for cell phone use. Can anyone offer any insight to this? I dont remember any mention of this on last year's cruise. Is this something new or have I just missed it before?

I was just reading my docs on line and I came across mention of roaming capabilities on board ships for cell phone use. Can anyone offer any insight to this? I dont remember any mention of this on last year's cruise. Is this something new or have I just missed it before?

Not new, been around for years. The ship has a cell tower that relays calls via satellite. You are charged by your carrier, not by Royal. Cost varies, so check with your carrier, expecially for data costs. AT&T charges $2.49 a minute and 50 cents per text sent.

Not new, been around for years. The ship has a cell tower that relays calls via satellite. You are charged by your carrier, not by Royal. Cost varies, so check with your carrier, expecially for data costs. AT&T charges $2.49 a minute and 50 cents per text sent.

Same charges for Verizon....with the addition (which is probably also the same with AT&T) that incoming texts are a nickel.

Same charges for Verizon....with the addition (which is probably also the same with AT&T) that incoming texts are a nickel.

Fot AT&T, incoming texts are charged as if they were domestic texts. So for those with unlimited texting, incoming texts are free.

Archived