1st Time Cruisin' - Cave Tubing

JoeMini

These websites are great for info. Hope someone can help...

We will be in Belize in Early June. Myself and my better half have signed up with X-stream tours to do the cave tubing venture. From what I've research, it sounds like it will be a blast. Can hardly wait! I guess I'll be one of those guys who will be made fun of when my "tiny hiney" gets stuck....

My questions are:

We will be on the Carnival Elation, and according to the schedule we will be in Belize at 8:00 in the morning. I was reading an earlier posting in which the person was nervous about tendering and the ship time was 2 hours earlier than the actual Belize time. So if I do my math right, the actual time would be 6:00 in the morning? So we would have a lot of time to kill in the morning per se....

Does the ship post "ship time" vs actual Belize time somewhere? Maybe I need a lesson in ship time management?

I know all the websites say they will have you back in time long before the ship leaves. I am guessing we need to keep track of ship time versus Belize time?

Yes, Belize is now two hours behind ship time because of Daylight savings time. (They stay on central standard) Don't worry about killing time before the tour. Just get off the ship when you can (they will let ship tours go on the earliest tenders.)

The tour guides will most likely be at the pier early, and should take you as soon as they have a full group. You really don't need to worry too much about the time. We went with Wet N Wild, and they kept their eye on the time for us. They made sure to get us back with time to spare. This is their livlihood, they will make sure you don't miss your ship.

When we were in Belize last week, it was the first week for daylight savings time, putting Belize two hours behind ship time rather than one hour. We were very concerned about not missing our ship, but it turned out to be a non-issue. We felt very comfortable that the tour guides know what they are doing, and they won't let you be late. They carry cell phones with them, and are in contact with the tenders at the port, and can contact the ship if necessary.

Have fun!

The Elation sails out of Galveston. Belize will be one hour behind the Elation during Central Daylight Time.

Thanks, Meredith for correcting me. I apologize for the misinformation. I guess I just figure every ship sails from Flordia since that's where I live!:D

Archived