Native Ways is booked by Princess

pooksma

Has anyone tried this lately? I have been reading good things about the company. Time is my real concern because our itinerary shows 8-3 on GC. I know that with tenders( and provided we get to stop there :D) things could be tricky.

TIA.

We just did the Stingrays, Snorkle and Rum Point tour with Native Way last week while on our FOS cruise, and were told we would be back at the port at 2:15 (last tender was 3:15, and I was concerned about the time). We were back at the port at exactly 2:15! I was very impressed with them and the tour was great! The tip is to get one of the first tenders off the ship, which we did and had no wait. Have fun!

We have done this tour twice and loved it both times.

Chris is the Captain and he's awesome, he keeps a close eye on the time and gets you back in time!!! Also a free lunch at Rum point beach, the rum runners are not free and are expensive but omg they are sooooooo good!! Worth the price IMO.

I highly recommend this tour!!

Carole

We used Nativeway for our last cruise in GC and they did a great job. We did the Stingray/Snorkel/Coral Gardens and they got us back in plenty of time. They know the island and when other operators are at Sting Ray City so we went later in the tour and it wasn't too crowded. I'd use them again!

We did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion on December 20th with Nativeway. This is a wonderful company! We had planned on paying for this excursion in cash, so they had no credit card information for us. To make a long story short, my husband thought I grabbed the cash, and I thought he grabbed the cash, so we end up in Grand Cayman with NO money, credit card or anything. I met Sharon at the pier and told her what happend, fully expecting her to not allow us to go on the excursion. She told me to just call her with the credit card information and she allowed us to go. Now remember, she does not know me from Adam, and has no way to know that I am going to be honest and call her with the information. That is amazing!!! She allowed my family to experience a wonderful day when she did not have to. I did call her with the credit card information and she thanked me for being honest. We had a wonderful time and the crew was wonderful. I would highly recommend them to anyone! So Sharon if you read these boards, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

We just did the Stingrays, Snorkle and Rum Point tour with Native Way last week while on our FOS cruise, and were told we would be back at the port at 2:15 (last tender was 3:15, and I was concerned about the time). We were back at the port at exactly 2:15! I was very impressed with them and the tour was great! The tip is to get one of the first tenders off the ship, which we did and had no wait. Have fun!

We will be doing the "Rays, Reef, and Rum Point" tour with Native Way while on our FOS cruise in April. I'm assuming that's the same tour you did.

Our confirmation e-mail from Native Way said the tour departs at 9:30 and completes around 2:45 (Eastern Time which is ship time). I have been a little nervous since the last tender is 3:15. You said you were back by 2:15 as promised. Did your confirmation e-mail say 2:15 or 2:45? Should I be worried?

Also, how did you get one of the first tenders off the ship? What time did you go to tender? Our e-mail says we meet at 9:15, so that has been a concern for me also. I think the tendering is supposed to start around 8:30.

Our confirmation email said it starts at 9:00 (but to meet up at 8:45) and ends at 2:15. I would tell Sharon your concern and maybe she can adjust the time.

We just walked right onto a tender boat when they started the tendering process around 8:15. No ticket was needed, and there was plenty of room (tender boat wasn't even totally full), but I understand the longer you wait the busier it will get. We were actually early to our meeting spot and checked in with the tour operator, and then walked around the port area until the others on our tour arrived. We had 3 families, for a total of 14 on our boat that day. It was a very enjoyable time, and I think the stingrays were my favorite part, and I wasn't expecting that!

We were concerned about tender time on our excursion. We expressed this to Sharon and she assured us we would be back in time. They had not missed a tender yet, as it would not be good for their business with the cruise clientele. We were worried for nothing, we were back in plenty of time.

Our confirmation email said it starts at 9:00 (but to meet up at 8:45) and ends at 2:15. I would tell Sharon your concern and maybe she can adjust the time.

We just walked right onto a tender boat when they started the tendering process around 8:15. No ticket was needed, and there was plenty of room (tender boat wasn't even totally full), but I understand the longer you wait the busier it will get. We were actually early to our meeting spot and checked in with the tour operator, and then walked around the port area until the others on our tour arrived. We had 3 families, for a total of 14 on our boat that day. It was a very enjoyable time, and I think the stingrays were my favorite part, and I wasn't expecting that!

Thanks! I'll e-mail Sharon.

Tried to book with Native Ways for an excursion, Stingray Sandbar, Barrier Reef, and Rum Point Beach during our stop in Grand Cayman in March and they responded that they were booked by a private party. Looking at the Princess excursions I see they are offering this tour, at an increase of $36. So, if you are on a Princess ship, don't count on booking this tour privately.

I was wanting this tour also but worried about the tendering thing as I've read several posts that say to only book through the cruiseline with the early tender time(4pm...I'm assuming that's with 3:15 last tender time). This is our first time in GC so I was/am a little concerned about that but with everything I've read, I think I will book this one! :)

Archived