Is GC a port that gets missed a lot?

hazeleyez3

I will be sailing on Carnival in July to GC; however, from what I am know reading, it seems that this is a port that is often missed?

Is this true?

While I might be a little disappointed, I have no problem spending another day at sea on the ship; however, I am a little concerned about how my boyfriend might take it. The cruise was a surprise, and because I have mentioned that I have always wanted to go to GC, he made sure that it was one of the ports.

It does get missed periodically due to weather conditions. It is normally a judgement call for the captain unless the port is closed. You won't know until you are on the water and heading for GC if you will tender. Our Captain was out floating around in a tender to make the determination and we went for it. We had a great day even though it was iffy at the beginning. Don't worry you will probably make it.

We were in GC at the end of March. No problem tendering in, but going back to the ship, we understood why it isn't always possible to tender there.

It took over 3 hours to get everyone back onboard. Just tell your bf if you don't go, it's absolutely a safety issue.

of course if you do go, we all know you'll have a great day!:)

I will be sailing on Carnival in July to GC; however, from what I am know reading, it seems that this is a port that is often missed?

Is this true?

While I might be a little disappointed, I have no problem spending another day at sea on the ship; however, I am a little concerned about how my boyfriend might take it. The cruise was a surprise, and because I have mentioned that I have always wanted to go to GC, he made sure that it was one of the ports.

The seas were rough during our December cruise. While we did not miss the port, all the ship-booked scuba and snorkel tours (for all 4 ships in port) were cancelled due to the conditions. It was a rough tender in, but at least we did not miss the port. I enjoy sea days, but the cruise had 4 sea days built in.

We were disappointed, but made the best of it with a land tour (Hell/Turtle Farm/Rum Cake Factory). It was not quite the same as the Stingray Snorkel we had scheduled! Oh well, just a reason to go back.

• 2 weeks later...

It is highly unlikely that there would be a problem tendering in July. It is during the winter months (generally from November through April) that cold fronts periodically bring north-westerly winds and waves that create rough condiions on the west side. It is just possible that a tropical system could cause problems in July, but it would be very unusual.

Archived