Holy smoke! Serenade 4-23 pricing

My relatives are booked in a D1 this April. I went back to the internet site to make sure everything was in order for them and found that there were now a couple of open cabins (this cruise has been closed for months)

The price would be over $4000 higher than they paid for the same category. More than double their booked price! Is this possible??

It's a question of demand. The higher the demand for a particular sailing, the higher the prices. This is especially true for holiday sailings, Christmas, New Years, Easter, certain Summer dates, and in the case of your relatives' cruise, spring break.

I'll bet they're glad to have booked early. :)

Good cruising!

They sure are!! They booked last October. In fact, they even had a price drop and were able to go from an E1 to a D1 and still saved money.

I suppose RCCL will find someone that will pay $8600 per cabin for a D1 - but it seems hugely inflated.

Hi Maureen...:)

Wow that is one huge rate increase!!! I can't imagine anyone booking a D1 at those rates!! :eek:

Nice they got a rate drop when they did. It pays to keep an eye on the rates!! I've been checking mine everyday and all I see are big $$$ as well!!

Hope your realitives have a great cruise!!!

Linda

Hi Linda!

I almost totally ruined this trip for them back in October. Both the TA and I went on a cruise. We were going to move them from the Regal Princess to the Serenade. While we were gone that week - the ship almost sold out. If it hadn't been for the CC board members, I never would have found a site that had booked a block of cabins. Whew!

Anyway, I ended up looking like a hero - but came darn close to being the goat!

Maureen

I agree that the prices are really going up. We booked the Brilliance 11-day Panama this past January for February,2006. We have a category D1 aft cabin (1102). Canadian dollars with cruise air costing us 6100 CAD. We are lucky!!

Go on the web site now, the balconies are gone - only ocean view and interior left. Ocean view with air is now 8600 CAD!!! Unbelievable - but if they can get it, more power to them.

Archived