Room selection

halavah

Need imput from previous cruisers on Sapphire or similar. Looking at inexpensive partial obstructed oceanview, and have been told that almost all are on the Emerald deck, and since this is over the nite life area, theater, bar etc..that the noise travels up to this deck. Would like reviews from those who have actually stayed in this area as to the view as well as the sound. Don't want to spend the extra moiney, but also don't want to ruin a vacation.

You'll need to balance two things: the view out the window and what's beneath your cabin. Not every area on the Promenade Deck is going to be noisy -- the only areas I'd avoid are above the front part/stage of the theatre (cabin numbers lower than 209) and port-side over the bandstand/stage in Explorer's Lounge (even-numbered cabins between 502-518). Study the deck plans of the two decks and then once you've identified an area that you think looks quiet, check the views of each cabin. To that end, check out the thread I've linked to below -- it will take you to a fabulous website that Renman put together with photos of the view from lots of obstructed-view cabins on different ships. Hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1501475

We were on the Sapphire for 29 days and never heard anyone complain of any noise in their cabins from Emerald deck. The only complaints I heard was from someone on Plaza deck off the atrium. They said that got kind of noisy sometimes as they were the first cabin off the Atrium in an interior cabin.

I have been in a noisy obstructed view on Emerald deck but I can't remember the room number. However the problem was that the room was directly above a door that opened to the outer deck. Many people allowed the door to slam and that was what was noisy. Now when booking on that deck I line the schematic up and avoid rooms with in two on either side of doors beneath them.

Archived