Question about sailing out of New York to Caribbean

HeartNP

It is much cheaper to park on the Jersey side & take the ferry ver. Just a short walk to Miracle from where they let you off. You'll Love the ship - we did!

Where on the Jersey side? I'm taking the Miracle with my family in April for the first time and we will be driving down from Vermont. Parking at the NYC port is $30 per day and on a 8-day cruise, that bites.

Thanks.

Hi!

Considering a cruise out of NYC, to the Eastern Caribbean (I think the ship is Miracle... can't remember, I've been looking at so many!).

Ship sails in mid April, and it's 8 days.

My question is, it will be pretty cold here in NY in mid April, and I am wondering how many days on board until we start getting into warmer weather?? Looks like is a full day at sea the day after we leave from NY, so I would guess that day would be pretty much an "inside day"?

Anyone with experience, please feel free to chime in!!!

What's the good, bad, and ugly about a trip out of NYC??

thank you!

Karen

My family and I cruised out of NYC on our very first cruise also in April but with NCL -we didn't hit sunny warm weather until middle of the 2nd day aboard (close to SC I believe) but you never know-some springs in NYC the weather is great. The day we left rainy and cool. The good was it was a port we could drive to-family of 6- flying is expensive :eek: . The bad-traffic sucks getting to the port when several ships are boarding at the same time. No ugly-your going on a cruise :D.

Happy Sailing!!

The earliest we have sailed out of New York was May.

When the ship started moving it was out right cold. It was the only time we ended up wearing our bathrobes on our balcony.

The next morning, we were in the Gulf stream and our location was the bottom of New Jersey. The water was already Caribbean blue. And it felt like a late spring early summer morning. In fact the Lido deck was filled with sunbathers.

We enjoy sailing out of New York, as we feel we save on two days of travel.

been out of NYC 4 times 3 in may ( 2X on miracle ) and 1 in august. typically woke up in a nice day that was a great day by the end of it. two times we did have pretty rough seas but we were trying to outrun a hurricane so it was worth it. Highly reccomend Miracle

Hi!

Considering a cruise out of NYC, to the Eastern Caribbean (I think the ship is Miracle... can't remember, I've been looking at so many!).

Ship sails in mid April, and it's 8 days.

My question is, it will be pretty cold here in NY in mid April, and I am wondering how many days on board until we start getting into warmer weather?? Looks like is a full day at sea the day after we leave from NY, so I would guess that day would be pretty much an "inside day"?

Anyone with experience, please feel free to chime in!!!

What's the good, bad, and ugly about a trip out of NYC??

thank you!

Karen

This is kind of a hard question because it depends on the weather and how warm it is. NYC in April can be in the 70s so by the next day you can be in the 80s...or they could be having a cold spell and it could be 50s all the way down to Florida. We have had it happen both ways. We have sailed out of NYC 6 or 7 times and unless it is the dead of the winter it is usually not too bad the next day. We went this past October and it was in the upper 60s when we left but the next morning(first full sea day) we were out laying at the pool at 10:00 am and got sunburn, it was in the 80s...

Sailing by the Statue of Liberty is cool and it is nice to try different ports. The Miracle is one of our favorite ships...can't go wrong on this cruise!

Archived