Penthouse Perks

SmokinJoe

My wife and I are thinking of booking the Penthouse Suite on an upcoming cruise on the Millennium.

What are some of the perks that go with the Penthouse Suite?

Butler Service? Laundry Service? Fully Stocked Bar? etc. etc.

Or should we just go with a Royal Suite or Sky Suite.

Has anyone ever booked the Penthouse on the M class ships?

Two bottles of liquor and some mixers (can't remember how many). Butler pantry has a full size refrigator and a microwave and lots of glasses (the area normally being used for the veggie bin is full).

Butler service yes - just like other suites. Laundry service yes but the same as other suites. The only break you get is they wave the express charge in suites. Your butler will be more attentive than in other suites obviously.

You also have a larger chance to be invited to the Captains table if you are so inclined.

However, if you are going by yourselves and not planning several social events its pretty darn large, bigger than most condos. The dining table seats 8 folks! When we did it for special occasion we had a great group of fellow cruise critics and managed to really use the space. Cruiseaway, seaday party and a few dinners in the suite.

If you are not planning any of this, a Royal Suite is much better and about half the price.

Let us know if you want more info.

Our good friends had the PH on a Transatlantic last year and were gracious enough hosts to use it as a party room -- it was great. The stairs on the balcony are restricted access and presumably go into the crew-only areas, we were never intrepid enough to try to find out.

I will echo comments above that if it's just two or three of you I'd not opt for the PH, but if you know a bunch of people/cruising with a group then it's a great room. I think the benefits are pretty much the same as the RS (which is also good for parties, just less people) except for the liquor and mixers noted above.

The stairs on veranda are crew access stairs. After every sea day someone would come to hose the saltwater off the veranda (lots of teak that would probably rot in saltwater). Its sort of hidden by the faux garden, you really don't notice it until you go up to the railing.

There are also stairs between the PH suites for getting to your muster station, some of the RS also were directed to the same stairwell.

Archived