Nassau and a scooter

maggiesmom121

Does anyone know if there are accessible taxis at port? The kind I can ride my scooter into and not have to take it apart to fit in a trunk? I would rather hire a driver to take me around to sightsee than pay the cruiseline for an excursion.

Also has anyone done the Jeep tours? Is the place to hire them within walking distance of the port? I am hoping they have a place where I can safely park my scooter while I am in the Jeep.

Thank

Jan

Does anyone know if there are accessible taxis at port? The kind I can ride my scooter into and not have to take it apart to fit in a trunk? I would rather hire a driver to take me around to sightsee than pay the cruiseline for an excursion.

Also has anyone done the Jeep tours? Is the place to hire them within walking distance of the port? I am hoping they have a place where I can safely park my scooter while I am in the Jeep.

Thank

Jan

There are no taxi's at port that would not require you to break down your scooter. You can arrange for one at:

http://majestictoursbahamas.com/TransportationatMajesticTours.htm

No place to hire a jeep in the area, and I wouldn't recommend it if there was.

As for parking your scooter.. DON'T. It won't be there when you get back.

No place to hire a jeep in the area, and I wouldn't recommend it if there was.

As for parking your scooter.. DON'T. It won't be there when you get back. Yesterday 08:08 AMscuba

Thanks for the response. Carnival offers Jeep excursions and both Nassau and Freeport. Are you saying these are a bad excursion? I was thinking about them but hadn't decided which port.

I have to use my scooter to disembark. Now I am really confused about what to do. Whatever I do I will have to park it somewhere even if its just to go sit in a beach chair.

Archived