Freedom Camp Carnival Capers

Ramrac

I am leaving on this cruise Jan 22. The newest I have found posted were on John Heald's blog page. I think there is a link somewhere on the message board to it.

I will scan in mine & send to you/post when we get back (early Feb).

Hope that helps!

Does anyone happen to have the Freedom Camp Carnival Capers for the 6 day western cruise?

Thanks in advance!

I am leaving on this cruise Jan 22. The newest I have found posted were on John Heald's blog page. I think there is a link somewhere on the message board to it.

I will scan in mine & send to you/post when we get back (early Feb).

Hope that helps!

Thank you! Enjoy your cruise, can't wait for mine!

• 3 weeks later...

I've attached (and hopefully the show in the message) the camp capers. I answered someone's email earlier today on how much time my kids spent in camp & did I think it was safe etc. Here was my response - maybe it'll give you some insight also!

Hi :)

I was with my son (10 - he turned 10 Jan 29) and niece (9 turning 10).

I have attached a copy of the camp schedule.

It was our first cruise also & although I expected to have a great time we had an even better than expected time. Our ship was full, but it never felt crowded (except the day we arrived b.c everyone hit the lido deck all at once for food). By the end of Day 2, my son declared that cruising was better than going to Disney! We only had 2 sea days, so much of our days were spent in port. I would say on average he went to kids club 3 hours a day. It wasn't b.c he didn't enjoy it, it was b.c the weather was gorgeous and there was so much to do on the ship!

The 9 - 11 group can sign themselves in and out unless the parents specify. I gave my son permission to do so b.c of the scavenger hunts (although he neverdid end up participating in one). My rule for him was that the scavenger hunt was the only time he could sign out on his own & the other times he would have to wait for me. My niece & sister in law did the family scavenger hunt on thursday or friday and won. They said it was so much fun!

I am a pretty protective parent. I have never used a kids club or sitting service on other vacations. The staff on Carnival were great! Friendly & accommodating. I felt very comfortable leaving my son there & my son had a lot of fun while he was there. He really enjoyed the PS2's. Each child had their own little station w/ tv & games. After spending hours in the sun, it was a nice break to go sit in the cool & play some games. He didn't even touch his own ipod or ds while he was on the boat b.c he was so busy.

The prices were reasonable. Camp 9am - 10pm was free. He did Build a Bear for $22 & camp carnival after hours was $6.75 hour. He did it twice from 10 - 12pm & both times he had a blast and was sent home a camp carnival back pack full of goodies (the 2 included pen w/ flashlight, night light, lunch pail, watch, owl pillow and something else). It was his favourite part of camp. There is one night where they do an ultimate bash & if you choose to let them stay til 3 am, they will deliver your child home to your state room. My kid was wiped by 12pm each night b.c of busy days & he never stayed that late.

As for safety outside of camp carnival, there are so many staff on hand at all times & by the end of the week they know who you are! By our last Sea Day, my son had made a few friends & I felt comfortable enough letting him travel the lido deck on his own w/ a strict rule of he must stay in a group & if his friends decided to leave deck 9 lido, then he returns to our lounge chairs. On the ship & outdoors for the kids were:

2 pools (plus an adult only), 3 hot tubs (plus 3 adult only)

1 volleyball court

1 basketball court

mini putting

ping pong tables - i think 3

water slide

seaside theater w/ 2 kids movies nightly & popcorn (except 1 night - they did an ultimate dance party that was kid friendly)

Giant chess set.

He dined at the kids club day 2. Went to the dining room with us day 3 & after that was hooked. He went to the dining room every night which was surprising b.c it was always an hour and a half ordeal! He liked seeing the waiters dance on the table & loved getting a new menu each night.

A tip for the adults on the boat. Our only beef with the trip was dining was a long process. With anytime dining, there was sometimes a wait. I don't mind an 1.5 hour meal w/ 3 courses, but when you have to wait 30 - 40 minutes pre meal, it gets long. We found that if you showed up before 6:30pm or after 7:30pm we got a table almost immediately. The 2 nights we arrived between 6:30 & 7:30 we waited 20 min & 45 min.

My husband was dead set against cruising & was only going along to keep myself & my son happy. After a week on the Freedom & loved it & will happily cruise in the future ;)

If you have any other questions, let me know!

Have a great trip!

Camp1.pdf

camp2.pdf

Archived