beverage card

kanitster

Could someone please tell me exactly what kinds of beverages are included with the beverage card? My husband and I are big coffee drinkers and were wondering if coffee is included in the card. Thanks in advance.

Tammie
NCL Dawn 5/23/04

OK.

Here's the scoop..it's good news all around.

The soda card is good on any SOFT DRINK (ie soda, lemonade, etc) that are available from any fuill service bar.

Now, coffee is not necessarily included, but that is because it is available anywhere for free (ie all the restaurants, and in the buffets) at almost any time. The only coffee that will cost you additional money is at the specialty coffee bar...

So... if you like coffee, it's readily available for free. Soda's are available too, and if you don't drink alot of them, then the card is not for you. They cost $1.50 per soda.. so only get the card if you plan on having at least 22 sodas during the week (figure three a day minimum.)

Cliff

Carnival Holiday November 2001
Norwegian Sky 11/4/2002
Norwegian Sky 11/11/2002
Norwegian Wind 10/11/2003
Norwegian Dawn 12/14/2003
Norwegian Sun 02/08/2004

What about in the dining halls? Are sodas free there too if you have a soda card?

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;16;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

I couldnt use my card on the private island and in the garden cafe (cafeteria) they wouldnt give me any sodas on the little cart if I wanted one.

I would forgo the soda card, its a waste of money. The little cups you get have a few sips of soda becuase they are all ice, and even if you have your big soda bottle, they refuse to give you a can of soda with the bottle.

In the coffee area, my wife drank expresso and I wanted soda. So I sat there, drank the little soda, walked up, got another, sat down, drank that, got up, got another, rinse and repeat, right?

All that to finish the can of soda I wanted to take back to the table in the first place.

not worth it, at all.

Yes, sodas are free in any of the restaurants with your card...

Cliff

Carnival Holiday November 2001
Norwegian Sky 11/4/2002
Norwegian Sky 11/11/2002
Norwegian Wind 10/11/2003
Norwegian Dawn 12/14/2003
Norwegian Sun 02/08/2004

The soda card is for fountain soda
cans are not included
ice tea and coffee are free
slushies are not included in the soda card
but there is a "teen passport" coupon book that
you can buy for the non alcoholic smoothies
For my two teens the soda cards were worth every penny and they were able to use them in the dining rooms.

SammyM

Have things changed??? On our last 2 NCL cruises, soda was free in the dining rooms (no need for the card). However, they were both on the Norway where there was no "Freesytle"...so maybe it was different.

9/2000 Carnival Tropicale
12/2001 NCL Norway
9/2002 NCL Norway
10/2003 Disney Wonder
2005...Alaska

On our Dawn cruise our soda cup was filled with an entire can of coke in the coffee bar. We also never had any problems with ice-my husband likes very little ice and that's what he got. I like a lot of ice and that's what I asked for. We never had a problem using the card anywhere and were very happy with it.

RCI Majesty of the Seas 06/05/2000
RCI Enchantment of the Seas 12/09/2001
Carnival Conquest 12/01/2002
Norwegian Dawn 11/30/2003
Norwegian Star to Alaska 6/26/05

Life is too short to be unhappy!

Adult Refillable Soda Fountain Cup
* Pricing is subject to change without notice

3-day cruise
Item # 350 - $12.75

10-day cruise
Item #346 - $34.75

4-day cruise
Item #349 - $16.75

12-day cruise
Item #345 - $37.75

5-day Cruise
item #348 - $20.75

14-day cruise
Item #344 - $39.50

7-day cruise
Item #347 - $28.75

- - above cut and pasted from the NCL Web site

SammyM

Hi,
Just home from 24 days (back to back) on the Sky. Soda program was available the first week, but not for the 17 days repositioning cruise. No explanation was ever given. Program is for fountain soda only, not canned sodas or smoothies.

Norwegian Sky Back-to-back
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;04;18;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

When we were on the dawn last sept. I purchased the soda card....the coffee bar would always use canned soda (don't think they have the fountains there). I would always stop there and ask for a cup of ice with a can of soda....there was never a problem.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;9;26;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

we got the beverage card on one of our cruises and we hardly used it. We drank a lot of water, juice & beer on the ship. We won't be getting a beverage card next time around

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;10;3;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
til NCL Dawn-let's hope no explosion this time LOL

Archived