Womens waterproof low hikers

oratheeexplorer

Found a Merrell Cameleon on line - it is waterproofed. Granted it is a little spendy, but for someone who has major foot issues, it is a great shoe. I got mine from Online Shoes on sale and am very happy with it. This comes from a 20 year Clarks shoe person.

Just remember, what every you purchase has to be comfortable for you, so what works for me - may not work for some one else. But I have found in the past, if your feet hurt then your whole body will hurt. And that will take away from your cruise enjoyment.

Previous Cruises:

Alaska - Westerdam - September 2009

Alaska- Rotterdam - September 2010

Mexican Riveria - Oosterdam - April 2011

I just ordered a pair of Vasque Opportunist Low Trail Shoes-Waterproof from Sierra Trading Post.....They were originally $90, were on sale, plus I used coupon code EB032712B and got another 35% off.....with shipping of $7.95 the total came to $46.92! I like the colors but some probably won't. They are a mixture of brown/taupe with some funky blue or teal in them. Others like more of a gray color, but I'm a brown person, don't like gray. Now I hope they fit good, because the price was hard to beat!

I found this New Balance

http://www.shoebuy.com/new-balance-ww967/390566

I went up a full size. I got it on sale and free shipping. I have seen it at other places as well like Amazon and Zappos. I had to return the Propet Snoqualmie too as it ran short. I also bought a Clark's Wave Portage at 6 pm that is not waterproof, but comes in narrow. I will spray it with waterproofing.

Shoe Buy sent me a link for 20% off but no key code but from their web page, it says: Prefer to order by phone?

Contact Shoebuy.com Customer Service toll-free at 1-888-200-8414 and mention the "Easter Sale Email" to receive your discount.

I hope this helps those narrows.

was it a freighter?

No. In the 60's (and maybe the 50's), ZIM had a small fleet of cruise ships. The Shalom was the flagship. During the summer, the ships cruised the US coast, and in the winter cruised the Mediterranean with, of course, stops in Israel.

In 1967, the Shalom cruised from NY to Montreal for Expo '67.

ZIM sold the ships and became a cargo-only line in the mid-1970's.

thanks for the links!

DD wears 11 narrow :eek: :eek: :eek:

pretty much impossible to find!!

she has specially made shoe inserts for boots, but it's not a solution for anything feminine (which up to now, she basically hasn't worn)...

Don't know whether they make them in 11s but the Dunhams come (or at least, used to come) narrow enough that I can wear them with a gel insert...and I wear a quad-A (AAAA). First pair of hiking shoes I have ever enjoyed.

Don't know whether they make them in 11s but the Dunhams come (or at least, used to come) narrow enough that I can wear them with a gel insert...and I wear a quad-A (AAAA). First pair of hiking shoes I have ever enjoyed.

My Dunhams came in N, but I know they are harder and harder to find. I did find these New Balance in Narrow:

http://www.zappos.com/new-balance-ww978-brown

• 3 months later...

I wore the New Balance waterproof walkers around the house and they rub on one ankle. I then ordered Asolo Omnis

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/asolo-omni-gv-gore-tex-trail-shoes-waterproof-for-women~p~2592n/?colorFamily=01

I went up a half size. I then put an insole with an arch support on top of the insole. Since I am narrow both in the width and depth, it worked like a charm!! It is so hard to find a 11 2A in a waterproof low hiker and the Asolos although not a narrow fit like one. They are very comfortable.

I am now using SAS brand Alpine low hikers/walkers for my hiking shoes and wear them around town as well. That's San Antonio Shoe Company. They have stores all over the country. Their shoes and purses are all made in the USA. Their store employees are expert shoe fitters and have helped me out a great deal over the years. I especially like the non-slip soles on these shoes.

On our recent Alaska trip I discovered it is both the combination of shoes and socks that makes a good fit. I wore Columbia waterproof low hikers and smartwool socks (from Sierra Trading)--no foot troubles at all and dry feet. I also used Spenco ladies insoles.

Archived