carnival miracle 5143 obstructed view balcony

movingimages

• 5 months later...

I just stayed in that same exact cabin (5143) 2 weeks ago. If you are standing up you can definitely see over the lifeboat. However when sitting on the balcony or laying in bed, the lifeboat hindered the view. I also feel like the balcony was a tad bit smaller than regular balcony, perhaps 6 or so inches not as deep. If I had to do it again, I would spend the extra $50 p/p to get a non obstructed view since we do spend an hour or two a day on the balcony, but it was still better than no balcony. Attached are 2 pictures.

DSCN2406.jpg.12298c2c6553343a3f05c54103c6011c.jpg

DSCN2550.jpg.2bee9977cf418847df1994639f9dec6d.jpg

Edited by w53097

If you are standing up you can definitely see over the lifeboat.

Great pictures - I booked a 7A guarantee at a good rate. Still waiting on assignment.

The balcony rail is at my eye line when sitting. So I usually stand up when out there. This room should be a perfect fit for me.

One important note I should mention, the lifeboats towards the bow of the ship are taller than those in the aft. (perhaps those could be used as tender boats). I think if you get a cabin with the smaller lifeboat in front of it, your view would not be as obstructed.

• 5 weeks later...
I am looking at cabin 5144 which is on the port side. Never got an obstructed view before....does the life boat block view or is it the beams that get in the way?? Your picture is wonderful. Thankyou

The obstruction is like the pictures hockeylover posted. I am short, so when I sit down, the rail obstructs my view anyway. My picture was taken standing.

There was also an "obstruction" to the left, because this room is the first in a series that are tucked in a bit (or, alternatively, they don't jut out like the ones toward the front of the ship). However, I liked this because there was a full panel/wall between us and the cabin to our left, so it was like only having one neighbor.

I can't speak to the size, as this is the only time we've had a balcony. With 3 people in the cabin, it is not worth the extra cost pp to us to have a regular balcony room. In fact, we typically take an interior cabin. However, my husband did enjoy having the balcony on this cruise, which had 4 sea days.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by movingimages
correction

• 1 year later...