Why Do So Many Hate Carnival

tiffy0428

Tiffany...as you can see another thread going down a slippery slope to bashing and attacks

I sail CCL once per year...so far not a bad cruise...not perfect ...but good

There are some here that think nothing should change...including the price.

If they raised the price...they would complain about that...change the menu...complain...

Why they don`t stop cruising with CCL...beats me...maybe they just like to bi**h and moan all day as if they stopped cruising on CCL what would they have to complain about

Sorry Kid, but H8 made a valid point. Just admit you didn't know what gross meant and stop starting crap.

You mean like 'the rock'.

Huh? I knew what gross meant, I'm the one who wrote gross. What I don't know is grosses. What does grosses mean? In 4 years of business school the word grosses never came up.

No worries. I believe Yugo was using it as a noun and was referring to the cumulative grosses of all of the business units of CCL. It's not often one sees an adjective pluralized.

We have been on two Carnival cruises (the Fantasy and the Dream).

Both were great. I'm not expecting a five star experience for the price. Everything was within our reasonable expectations for what we paid. I was shocked in reading some of the reviews about the same cruises were on. Were they even on the same ship as us?

The bottom line is you can't please everyone and a lot of people on CC would complain about anything and everything. The extremely negative people are a very small minority.

Give Carnival a try and come to your own conclusions. We did and have been pleased so far.

Tiffany...as you can see another thread going down a slippery slope to bashing and attacks

I sail CCL once per year...so far not a bad cruise...not perfect ...but good

There are some here that think nothing should change...including the price.

If they raised the price...they would complain about that...change the menu...complain...

Why they don`t stop cruising with CCL...beats me...maybe they just like to bi**h and moan all day as if they stopped cruising on CCL what would they have to complain about

I cruise once a year, and always with carnival. I just started so I can't compare it with what use to be , however what they give me now is okay with me. One week away from home is better then anything.

Lots of people like to target (complain about) the majority. People like to beat up on the big guys. Their are always those who complain about the leaders of industry and cheer for the little guy. Being big they are more popular and therefore have a larger number of people to complain. We are all different and all like different things. For example some like Coke others like Pepsi, some McDonalds and some Burger King.

I sailed on the Sensation and thought there was too much neon. Sailing the Pride this March and like the looks of it in pictures but have read it looks like plastic. I am going in with an open mind and will see.

Vote with your money and if you dont like Carnival sail another line but I am sure you will have complains there too.

Huh? I knew what gross meant, I'm the one who wrote gross. What I don't know is grosses. What does grosses mean? In 4 years of business school the word grosses never came up.

sorry. did not go to your school. this should help you:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gross

Oh, dear. Might have been wise to throw in a few English classes during those four years. :rolleyes:

As others have said, there will always be people complaining about something and anything at any given opportunity, Carnival or otherwise. I'm actually amused by such people and tell them they are like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. :)

I go threw post and read reviews and threads to find so many dissatisfied customers. However in their signature they have cruised like 10+ carnival cruises, with some coming up. I have been on 2 cruises, Miracle and Sensation. I can say to me it was a perfect as it can get.

I had a few hot meals a day, good drinks, met cool ppl and got to see multiple islands for one low price. So my question is what do ppl want from carnival? I think some cruise like 3 times or more a year with carnival and it becomes redundant and that's where the complaining comes in. If you were on the same boat twice in one year and twice in the next well of course you're going to see the same things .

I just say if it that bad try another cruise line or maybe start going with a group of ppl. Take the cruise for what it worth. Plan fun things at port. All vacations land or sea are unpredictable go with a plan a or be and just try to enjoy. When carnival stops giving me an abundance of food, swimming pools, comfortable beds with clean rooms, and beautiful clean ships then I'd be worried.

Because these types of people complain no matter what, no matter where. Maybe it's some kind of sickness. :eek:

Like you said, if they don't like it why don't they stop cruising on CCL!!!

What you're referring to I would call the vocal minority. A handful of posters who would find fault with a sunrise if there was a thread containg a photo of one. If you spend any time on CC, you will come to know which posters are the glass-half-empty contributors. I feel for the poor folks who have to cruise with them. Take comfort in the fact that you don't and just ignore them like the rest of us.

LOL - how true. :)

BTW-what happened to our poor Packers? :eek: No matter what, they had an awesome season. 15-2 :D

well i have cruised with rccl and did not like it it was our first cruise ever and said never again .... but my sister talked me in to taking a ccl ... and we feel in love with it.. the things i hate about rccl rooms r smaller the crew is not as friendly and neither is the guest on board im a outgoing person and everyone seem to turn there nose up when you try and talk with them... on a carnival ship everyony is out to have a good time crew,guest and they all want to get to knoew you.... keep it up carnival

I started cruising again because it was so affordable. When I started cruising in 1988, it was a much more upscale, formal experience. We brought tuxedos along, wore collared shirts and dress pants on other nights. There were few options for food, everyone had dinner in the dining room, no dinner buffet offered, and there was pizza once a week at a "pizza party".

Today's cruises are much different, gone is the formal atmosphere and dining choices abound. Prices now are much better than they were in 1988, and the ships offer so much more, many more food choices, wonderful bedding, robes etc.. The food and service has slipped no doubt, but the cost of cruising has gone down considerably.

I enjoyed my cruises in the 80's and I enjoy my cruises now, they are just different experiences now, and I can deal with that, I can afford a yearly cruise, if I want, I couldn't if we still had prices on par with the 80's.

Archived