Is there anything fun to do?

EydieG

We have been to Grand Cayman twice already and my family needs new ideas. I have one son who hates the beach, so a day on Labadee will be enough for him. We've been on the tour with the turtle farm and Hell, and I'm pretty sure my daughter would panic with the sting rays.

Thanks for any other ideas.

Then you probably should stay on board and I am not being snide at all when I say that, believe me. GC is a great place, if you love the beach or the water. If you are not into it then there is not much to do, especially since the hurricane. You might try a fishing charter or a sailboat charter, but that will probably go to Stingray City, although your daughter could stay on board. This is one of those destinations that is pretty focused on the water. I got my PADI (diving) certification there in 1981, mostly out of boredom (I was 17) but boy am I glad I have it now.

We toured with Geddes and cannot say enough good things about him and his tour (Having been to Grand Cayman several times before!).

Having done Stingray City and gone scuba diving on our other visits we were anxious to see the rest of the island. A tour with Geddes was just perfect. We did the Eastern Experience, which essentially means you drive throughout the entire eastern side of the island while Geddes provides information on the history and culture in Grand Cayman, as well as the flora and fauna along the way. We did not have an opportunity to do the Botanic Garden, which was not open at that time.

If you want to see Grand Cayman outside of the tourist area, Geddes is the way to go. He can be reached at silvert@hotmail.com.:)

I have been to the Caymans a few times on a cruise as well as going there a few times for week long visits. I have only been bored once, when the cruise stopped there on Good Friday and everything was closed and I was already sunburned!

There are so many non-beach activities on the Island. They have everything you've heard about already as well as:

Cardinal D's park which is a bird sanctuary as well as a "zoo" with lots of island natives like iguanas and emus and minature horses.

Island Air as well as a few other smaller charters offer flights from Grand Cayman to Little Cayman and Cayman Brac and, although rather expensive I think you can get great areal tours of the islands.

The Atlantis submarine was always a favorite of my family. It takes you on a tour of the reefs and it wasn't very expensive at all. You could also go for the Glass Bottom Boat tours... hello, Air Conditioning!!! Perfect on hot days.

The Jolly Roger was a fun Pirate experience and I think most cruise ships have an excursion listed for it that includes a drink or two for the adults!

I can't imagine any boredom with just one day there! I hope this helps and please don't stay on the boat thinking there is nothing worth you time. If you can't find something that pleases you on land, the boat is right there and you can get right back on!

We toured with Geddes and cannot say enough good things about him and his tour (Having been to Grand Cayman several times before!).

Having done Stingray City and gone scuba diving on our other visits we were anxious to see the rest of the island. A tour with Geddes was just perfect. We did the Eastern Experience, which essentially means you drive throughout the entire eastern side of the island while Geddes provides information on the history and culture in Grand Cayman, as well as the flora and fauna along the way. We did not have an opportunity to do the Botanic Garden, which was not open at that time.

If you want to see Grand Cayman outside of the tourist area, Geddes is the way to go. He can be reached at silvert@hotmail.com.:)

wHO IS GEDDES AND IS THERE A WEBPAGE FOR HIM

Island Air as well as a few other smaller charters offer flights from Grand Cayman to Little Cayman and Cayman Brac and, although rather expensive I think you can get great areal tours of the islands.
An air tour of Grand Cayman might be interesting, but if the OP didn't want anything to do with water activities, then there is absolutely no reason for them to go to one of the little sister islands. There is very little to do there other than scuba dive.

I agree with everyone else that there is stuff to do, unfortunatly it may only be part of the day but still worth getting off the boat.

What about renting a jeep and going to the other side to cruise. You can visit St. James Castle, Ten sails lookout and view the blowholes.

Look at grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com

I make my kids compramise and maybe you could tour the island and yet stop at a secluded beach for and hr or so to meet the needs of the others. Pack a cooler bag with some drinks and snacks and hang out for awhile.

Archived