St. Thomas to St. John catamaran & snorkling

Cindyloowho2

The day we arrive in St. Thomas, there will be 7 additional ships in port. We would love to escape the masses and head over to St. John. Our perfect excursion would include being picked up at the ship (Eurodam) and taken over to St. Johns for a catamaran and snorkel dive. Also, would like to have some time in St. Johns to enjoy the town. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have looked at one company, but we would have to take a cab to the ferry, ferry over, another cab to the site, then reverse. This would add aprox $100 for 2 to the trip.

Thanks,

The day we arrive in St. Thomas, there will be 7 additional ships in port. We would love to escape the masses and head over to St. John. Our perfect excursion would include being picked up at the ship (Eurodam) and taken over to St. Johns for a catamaran and snorkel dive. Also, would like to have some time in St. Johns to enjoy the town. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have looked at one company, but we would have to take a cab to the ferry, ferry over, another cab to the site, then reverse. This would add aprox $100 for 2 to the trip.

Thanks,

With that many ships in port, you'd best book a ship's snorkel tour. One or more will go to St John.

Some cruise lines have a "champagne" catamaran snorkel trip on offer. That's your best bet. They limit the number of people so it's not the traditional "cattle call".

There's no "town" on St John. Most of the island is a National Park. Shopping is primarily limited to Charlotte Amalie, near the cruise ship piers.

Vinow is an excellent web site. It has all you ever wanted to know about the USVI, and more.:)

Thanks,

What part of N. Carolina are y'all at? I'm a born and bred army brat from Fort Bragg. Went to grade school at St Patrick's in Fayetteville.

We have friends that own a time-share on St. John's and they recommended spending time in "town", whatever that meant. I think where the ferry comes in. That's why we wanted to do a snorkle and spend a little time there vs St. Thomas. We really don't like touristy stuff.

Also, we live in Wilmington, did you ever get down here when in Ft. Bragg? It has really grown, but the beach is still wonderful!

We have friends that own a time-share on St. John's and they recommended spending time in "town", whatever that meant. I think where the ferry comes in. That's why we wanted to do a snorkle and spend a little time there vs St. Thomas. We really don't like touristy stuff.

Also, we live in Wilmington, did you ever get down here when in Ft. Bragg? It has really grown, but the beach is still wonderful!

There are a few shops and restaurants adjacent to the ferry dock, but I wouldn't call it a "town".:p St John is a beautiful island. You probably can combine a snorkel trip to either trunk or Cinnamon bay with an island tour.

I recall visiting Bonnie-Doone and my paternal grandparent's farm in the smokeys. We never made it to Wilmington.

My mother and I left (read ran away) when I was ten years old. Went to my mom's home town, NYC. I had to relearn English all over again.

After HS, I enlisted in the USAF to "see the world". My first posting following basic and tech school was, you guessed it, Pope AFB!:rolleyes:

We have decided to skip the snorkeling on St. Thomas/St. John and just take in the scenery. We will snorkel at Grand Cayman instead, where there is a lot less to do.

Funny how all roads lead back to NC. We do love it here. My dad was in the air force, but never stationed in NC. We found this spot of heaven after he retired.

Archived