Key West & Cozumel snorkeling tours

Lucerne123

We are starting our cruise Thursday. Yeah!

We are looking into snorkeling trips in Key West & Cozumel. I am experienced. Looking for a tour with great snorkeling that is not a cattle call. I had really wanted to use Floridays in Key West but they are closed for routine maintenance this week. Do you know of any operation similar? Seems like Fury is the only thing I can really find that is not too pricey. Swimming with dolphins sounds interesting but not in a controlled enviorment.

In Cozumel we are looking at Mystic tours and Eagle Ray. Anyone know of the differences in the two? Which one would you recommend?

Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If you can find any dive boats that also take snorkelers. There are dive boats in key west that will take divers and snorkelers, the dive boats that take reef only trips are good to snorkel on. the reefs in key west are shallow that they are easy. there are alot of dive boats/ shops that you can find easy, like lost reef adventures, I know will take snorkelers along with divers or will help you find someone who will.

If you have to do Fury in Key West, look into their Double Dip trip. It takes you to two snorkeling stops at the reef in about the same amount of time it takes for a one-stop trip because they use a faster motorboat.

Otherwise, look at Sebago. They use catamarans which are similar to Fury's but generally take fewer people and cost approx the same and go to the same places. http://www.keywestsebago.com/

Pjk

And just in case anyone does a search...the Floridays just returned from being refurbished last year. She is in "as new" condition and they bought all new snorkeling equipment including the more panoramic masks. Once you use one of these it's hard to use one of the other types with just a flat glass which most of the other boats provide.

Pjk

If you snorkeled in Cozumel, I would love to know who you used and if you had a great time.

Eagle Ray. A first rate operator. They mix snorkelers and divers, but privide separate guides for each group. The guides are excellent, and look for the best locations for that day. If port time allows, definitely take the 3 reef trip.:

http://www.eagleraydivers.com/snorkeling_caribbean.htm

http://cozumelinsider.com/

Eagle Ray. A first rate operator. They mix snorkelers and divers, but privide separate guides for each group. The guides are excellent, and look for the best locations for that day. If port time allows, definitely take the 3 reef trip.:

http://www.eagleraydivers.com/snorkeling_caribbean.htm

http://cozumelinsider.com/

Thank you, I will check them out..

Debbie

We used Eagle Ray.

We were looking for a smaller family owned company to take a snorkeling trip with. We were on a cruise and did not want the cruise ship cattle call experience. I am glad we went with Eagle Ray. They met us as promised and were taken out right away. They worked with our cruise ship schedule. It was only the two of us and we had a great time. Diana was awesome! We had snorkeled the day before in Key West. What a difference in having a good mask. We could actually see with Eagle Ray masks!

Would definitely use again!

I also had great communication with Mystic and would like to try them in the future. It came down to a coin toss since both had great reviews!

• 3 weeks later...

Have done quite a few snorkel trips in the Caribbean. Did some research and went with Mystic had a brilliant time last November. Notice a few negative comments on tripadviser recently but based on our last trip have booked them again for our next cruise in March. We did the afternoon snorkel and it got chilly on the boat so maybe take something warm if you go with them. Hope this helps.

Have done quite a few snorkel trips in the Caribbean. Did some research and went with Mystic had a brilliant time last November. Notice a few negative comments on tripadviser recently but based on our last trip have booked them again for our next cruise in March. We did the afternoon snorkel and it got chilly on the boat so maybe take something warm if you go with them. Hope this helps.

TripAdvisor comments can be misleading. TripAdvisor doesn't vet their posters. Sometime competitors falsify posts.

Archived