Camp Carnival age question

barrygirl02

We are traveling on Carnival Splendor in a few weeks, and I wonder about the age categories in Camp Carnival. I think they split the age groups into 6-8years and 9-11 years. I have twins that will be 9 two weeks after we cruise. Do you think its possible to have them in the 9-11 group with their older brother?? I think it would be better if all my kiddos were together in the same group:)

We are traveling on Carnival Splendor in a few weeks, and I wonder about the age categories in Camp Carnival. I think they split the age groups into 6-8years and 9-11 years. I have twins that will be 9 two weeks after we cruise. Do you think its possible to have them in the 9-11 group with their older brother?? I think it would be better if all my kiddos were together in the same group:)

I don't have personal experience with this, and it never hurts to ask, but I've read on these boards that Carnival is very strict with the age groups. This is also stated in their FAQ:

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?faq=camp+carnival#q-544880

Carnival is strict on the age thing. Look at it this way, if they allowed exceptions for every child that had a birthday coming up, they wouldn't need age groups. Carnival has lots of kids sailing, and I highly doubt they would allow changes because according to their website, you are the age you are on the first day of the cruise, for the entire cruise.

My daughter's birthday is Feb 7 and we usually sail Jan 15-20 or so. It depends on how many kids are on the sailing from what I have seen on these boards. January tends to have fewer kids so they are more flexible wtih moving kids. During peak times, they will be less likely to move kids into different age groups. We sail this Saturday so we will see what happens with my 8, almost 9 YO this time.

Don't call ahead of time. You need to talk to the actual kids club staff ON the ship. Like others have said, they are strict, but if you are nice, calm and there aren't a million kids on the ship it's likely that they'll help you out.

Don't call ahead of time. You need to talk to the actual kids club staff ON the ship. Like others have said, they are strict, but if you are nice, calm and there aren't a million kids on the ship it's likely that they'll help you out.

I don't see a problem with calling ahead of time. What they tell you doesn't have to be the end all be all, but they probably have more of a feel for it than we do. I agree that it might depend upon the number of kids aboard, but I would like to know what I was facing ahead of time. Remember also that 'you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.' I used to tell my mom that I didn't want any flies. But you know what she meant/means.

Nancy

On our last cruise a few months ago Carnival legend, they let a child move to the next age group but it was only on a "trial" basis and they could move him back at any time for any reason is what was explained to the parents. He went from the 2-5 to 6-8 to be with his brother. I believe he was 5. I was behind them in line waiting to drop off my DD when I heard them talking to the parents.

Archived