What not to miss on Liberty?

sampup333

Just off Liberty in December, I totally agree with the previous members comments about Lucille in the Champagne Bar. What a lovely and personable lady she is...probably one of the best crew members I've ever encountered. We loved stopping in every evening for a glass of champagne (or one of her martinis!) and talking with her about the events of the day. She is a gem! Also don't miss Saturday Night Fever...as good as any NY broadway show I've seen. Have a wonderful time!

I agree and wondered the same thing. Its our favorite so far on cruise ships and we often do NYC Theather. I assumed some people just don't like live musicals. I thought it was well done and also got to enjoy a behind the scenes tour.

You know, we realized neither one of us really enjoyed the movie or storyline, anyway...and it just wasn't up to what we are used to seeing (also having seen shows in NYC as well as many other) and enjoying. We had other things we wanted to do that night, and decided that we'd rather do those things than stay in a show we weren't thrilled with.

How was disembarkment? Was it as bad as I've read? What time could one expect to get off? We are wondering if an 11am flight out of FLL is too risky, or if we get early disembarkment if it is a reasonable expectation to catch that flight?

Thanks.

We had a flight at 11:05 am, and had plenty of time. We carried our bags off with us (use the elevators on the starboard side to go all the way to Deck 1..port side stopped at 2, we learned the "hard" way), and breezed through.

Highly recommend Xcaret in Cozumel (it's actually on the mainland, but the ride there is not bad....about 30 minutes on the ferry, and another 20 minutes or so on the bus).

There's something for everyone....beach, various animals, dolphin show and/or swim with the dolphins (or you can swim with the sharks and rays too). There's an underground river..they put your belongings in a locked bag. Put on a life jacket and go down tot he river. The river takes you to the beach, where you pick up your locked bag. Time for lunch....maybe a swim, SNUBA, etc. see the doplhins...wine tasting....lots to do.

How was disembarkment? Was it as bad as I've read? What time could one expect to get off? We are wondering if an 11am flight out of FLL is too risky, or if we get early disembarkment if it is a reasonable expectation to catch that flight?

Thanks.

I think you may cut it close. You may want to carry your own luggage to get into the customs line earlier. It took for ever and seemed unorganized this past December, I was still waiting to get off the boat at 0918.I am not sure if it was because it was Christmas eve and the port was full of other boats but I got to the airport at 1101 exactly . I sailed Oasis the year before, getting back on 12/23/2010 and got off the boat so early I changed to an earlier flight because I was at the airport by 0830,but Liberty of the Seas took FOREVER...Both times to disembark were similar but the Oasis crew got you off the boat faster.I hope this helps

Archived