Drinking water

I was wondering if anyone knows how the drinking water is on the ships?

Wet, clear and not salty like the stuff the ship will be floating in:D

SORRY..couldn't resist.;)

Seriously though, I've never had any hesitation in giving my children, when they were younger, ships water to drink. They have very high tech filtration systems.

Although for convenience sake, I often purchase bottled water (for me, it's easier to trash the empties instead of hauling them around).

It depends on the ship. Ecstasy has terrible tasting water. Water on the Spirit is fine. I'm going on the Magic next month, and plan on taking water on as I don't know how the ship's water will taste. I drink a lot of water and the taste is important to me.

The ships have the capacity to create their own potable water through desalination. However this is an energy intensive process so ships usually fill their tanks to anticipated levels with potable water from the water supply at their home port and use desalination only to prevent shortage during the voyage.

For this reason the water on ships sailing from different ports will reflect the water supply at that port. With this in mind our personal experience has been fine with the ship water supply. We do bring a couple of sports bottles with the resealable caps so we cab bring them with us ashore and refill back on board for the next stop.

We just use the bottles for going ashore. When we reboard we clean and refill them in the cabin, then toss them in the minibar so they will be cold when we use them again. I wouldn't feel it was sanitary to refill a small mouthed container at the Lido dispenser but an insulated cup/mug should be just fine.

Archived