which shoul I do? Cavtat or Glavic Family in Dubrovnik??

Well the title says it all. I can't decide. The other one I'm stuck with is in Santorini. Should I pick Oia or the other village tour that Millie offers? Any advice. Also, where do is the roll call for Sept 7?? Interested in sharing private cars. I'm new to this, so sorry if it's disjointed.

We went to Dubrovnik last fall on HAL, they had a ship shuttle to old town Dubrovnik. It is a beautiful walled midieval city with marble streets as smooth as glass. The buildings have been restored and are filled with shops and cafes. You can climb the wall and walk around the entire city. We had a wonderful time without a tour! As for Santorini, I will be there in May, haven't decided which tour to take yet. I'll let you know.

When on the Millie in August 2003, we did the Cavtat and Dubrovnik excursion...

I would not do it again...Cavtat was rather disappointing...pleasant little seaside village, but not much to it more than that...Ston, the other village they couple into a tour, may be more interesting...Yes, Dubrovnik is one town you can easily do "on your own", and if you are extremely budget concious, I would recommend that (shuttle bus in, walk the walls and wander the town), but the excursions are so relatively inexpensive and only half a day anyway, why not take one? You can still wander the afternoon on your own...But, no, I would not bother with Cavtat...

As to Santorini, it's another that could be done "on your own", same comments as above apply...We took the Akrotiri/Winery tour...Again, half a day...we then had lunch in Fira and then just took a public bus up to Oia...If the excursions are actually going to the excavations in Akrotiri, I would definitely recommend doing that...Oia is a pleasant enough little town (and incredibly picturesque) but you can easily visit it without an excursion...Our excursion, BTW, dropped us off in Fira and included a ticket for the cable car back down to the tender port at our leisure...

Good luck and have fun...

What is the other tour that is offered in Santorini? The Caldera is not to be missed because the view is just stunning. The views and sunset in Oia are also just lovely. The two areas are relatively close and you could see both easily

(hire a cab to Oia).

I would agree with the other posts regarding Dubrovnick, it is just lovely and a tour here is unnecessary.

Both of these ports can easily be done on your own.

Archived