Celebrity - bad company! But "Equinox" - yes, fine liner, no doubt.

SergeiKa

:mad:

Just returned from a cruise to Central America on "Celebrity Equinox".

Yes, fine liner, no doubt.

But "Celebrity" - bad company!

The only cruise company that has managed for the first cruise to obtain the stable negative attitude. The more we do not take advantage of its services than ever before.

On the first day of the cruise, I was called at the reception, where the land began to threaten me with the ship. He was accused of insulting the staff. I asked to call the victim or provide any evidence - they could not. Then he accused me of that, I hung a sign "Do Not Disturb" on the door and do not let Stewart. I did not think that is a crime.

Especially was the first day of the cruise (at sea) and the cabin was still clean. Especially because my wife seasick and she slept in the cabin (Stabilizers according to the pitching staff, "including, but not helping"). My question: "Are you going to get out of the cabin, where passengers sleep there?" - There was no answer, but anyway they really wanted to get into the cabin, with the threats.

By the way, on our credit card after the cruise blocked amount is greater than it was in the long run. The reason, of course, are not reported.

Total: If you like slander to your address, scandals and the threat of company personnel and suspicion - welcome to the Celebrity!

The only cruise company that has managed for the first cruise to obtain the stable negative attitude. The more we do not take advantage of its services than ever before.

On the first day of the cruise, I was called at the reception, where the land began to threaten me with the ship. He was accused of insulting the staff. I asked to call the victim or provide any evidence - they could not. Then he accused me of that, I hung a sign "Do Not Disturb" on the door and do not let Stewart. I did not think that is a crime.

Especially was the first day of the cruise (at sea) and the cabin was still clean. Especially because my wife seasick and she slept in the cabin (Stabilizers according to the pitching staff, "including, but not helping"). My question: "Are you going to get out of the cabin, where passengers sleep there?" - There was no answer, but anyway they really wanted to get into the cabin, with the threats.

By the way, on our credit card after the cruise blocked amount is greater than it was in the long run. The reason, of course, are not reported.

Total: If you like slander to your address, scandals and the threat of company personnel and suspicion - welcome to the Celebrity!

This makes ZERO sense. Sorry if I insult what is probably not your main language but if you are going to make derogitory comments, you have to make sense.

This makes ZERO sense. Sorry if I insult what is probably not your main language but if you are going to make derogitory comments, you have to make sense.

I see you just joined cruisecritic today and this is your first post.

Suggest no-one pays any cred. to this.

Sounds to me like the OP's wife was seasick and he didn't want the cabin attendant coming in to perform his routine duties and disturb the wife. Maybe English was not the first language of either the OP or the attendant, "Stewart" (or the cabin steward?) Obviously a cascade of miscommunication occurred, coupled with charges to the cabin that the OP didn't recognize - perhaps the tips, if they were in Select Dining.

The cabin steward may have been trying to assess (by smell) if the couple was attempting to hide that the wife had norovirus instead of being "seasick". I know from direct experience that it's a HUGE burden on the cabin attendants to deal with the cabin of someone with norovirus - complete linen changes twice a day and lots of spraying. And, it obviously becomes an even bigger burden to the staff (not to mention being a PR problem) if the virus gets out of control due to those who don't report that they have it. When DH was seasick in bed for 36 hours crossing the Tasman Sea, I declined the routine cabin service, but allowed the cabin steward access to the immediate inside of the cabin to change towels, and that was fine with all concerned.

I had to read the post twice, but that's my interpretation of what may have happened.

• Like 2

I apologize for my English. This translated Google. :-)))

Once again, simple sentences:

- I was accused of insulting the staff. Evidence was found. Even the injured was not found.

- Threatens to drive the ship ashore.

- They said that we do not let the cleaner into the cabin. But they do not admit when he has a cabin key?

My cabin was 7438

The cabin steward may have been trying to assess (by smell) if the couple was attempting to hide that the wife had norovirus instead of being "seasick". I know from direct experience that it's a HUGE burden on the cabin attendants to deal with the cabin of someone with norovirus - complete linen changes twice a day and lots of spraying. And, it obviously becomes an even bigger burden to the staff (not to mention being a PR problem) if the virus gets out of control due to those who don't report that they have it. When DH was seasick in bed for 36 hours crossing the Tasman Sea, I declined the routine cabin service, but allowed the cabin steward access to the immediate inside of the cabin to change towels, and that was fine with all concerned.

Yes, I understand you. No virus was not. One might ask, do not threaten us to keep us in Honduras. We get home in half the globe. :-)))

Edited by SergeiKa

Wow....

I am going to respond in a bit different manner than some others. Although English is my native language, I grew up in a foreign country and know first-hand that "communication issues" (or miscommunication) are often a cause of minor disagreeable situations that can sometimes be easily resolved with better communication.

(I know that if I attempted post a message on here in either Tagalog or Spanish, the native speakers of those languages would look at it in a "what-the-hades" frame of mind) !

If you had an issue with someone at Reception (Guest Services? ), did you kindly request that perhaps they attempt to locate a staff member that spoke your native language? In the future, this might be a good first start. Cruise ships are nothing if not a floating International Environment with dozens of languages fluently spoken by the myriad of wonderful staff.

Apparently, there may also have been an issue concerning your Room Steward ( or perhaps even a Room Steward named Stewart )??!! Once again, there is the possibility that he did not speak your language; or you did not speak his; and perhaps English is not the first language of either of you !

So, based on your ineffectual interaction with perhaps two (2) staff members, I would not classify this as justification to claim that Celebrity is a "bad company". I've had a few surly counter staff at Starbucks in the past, but that doesn't equate to Starbucks being a "bad company" !!

If you had discrepancies on your bill, I hope you addressed them while onboard...though it is still not too late to do so now.

Happy Cruising in the future !!

Woody

Even the "clarified" version doesn't make a lot of sense, but I get the general drift. It sounds like a huge misunderstanding among all parties. Too bad...it's unfortunate to anticipate something as wonderful as a cruise and then be so disgruntled in the end.:(

"I was accused of insulting the staff. Evidence was found. Even the injured was not found."

I can't speak for your country but in the business world a staff member only need report that a customer was rude and the employer (in this case Celebrity) can investigate but they are not required to produce the person who made the complaint for questioning by the customer. Have you considered that due to your language barrier the staff may have misinterpreted what you were trying to say and the way you said it?

"Threatens to drive the ship ashore."

Do you mean they threatened to remove you from the ship and put you ashore requiring that you return to your home country from that port? If this is what the staff told you might happen this is accurate. Passengers who interfere with the crew doing their jobs and create major issues are forced to disembark at the next port and return home at their own expense.

"They said that we do not let the cleaner into the cabin. But they do not admit when he has a cabin key?"

Staying on a ship is the equivalent to staying in a hotel. The cabin staff do have a key in order to enter the room not only for cleaning buy your safety. Posting a sign on the door demanding they not enter in addition to the "do not disturb" sign is rude. At some point the staff DOES have to go into your cabin to clean and assess the situation. You cannot refuse to allow them to do that.

"One might ask, do not threaten us to keep us in Honduras."

If you are refusing to cooperate with the required cleaning tasks of the ship's crew and being rude the Captain can put you ashore in the next port and not let you back on. There are cleaning duties on board that MUST be carried out to ensure that all the passengers stay as healthy as possible. If the personnel believe they need to check on your wife and her health and safety you cannot refuse.

"By the way, on our credit card after the cruise blocked amount is greater than it was in the long run. The reason, of course, are not reported."

This is also standard practice in the cruise industry as well as travel industry. A hold of a minimum amount per person in the cabin PER DAY is placed on your card. That amount is released when the actual charge is put through at the end of the cruise. That is why it is important to check the amount of available credit you have. You will not be charged more than what you owe.

"I was ...... more than what you owe.

There is no language barrier was not there. I do not know English and do not speak with anyone. At the time of the conflict with the "Celebrity" we said through an interpreter.

I understand that the captain has the right to expel any passenger from the ship. But for my previous 10 cruises with various cruise companies to me no one has ever threatened.

If employees "Сelebrity" do their work so that the client goes to a competitor - it is bad! :mad:

"I was accused of insulting the staff. "By the way, on our credit card after the cruise blocked amount is greater than it was in the long run. The reason, of course, are not reported."

This is also standard practice in the cruise industry as well as travel industry. A hold of a minimum amount per person in the cabin PER DAY is placed on your card. That amount is released when the actual charge is put through at the end of the cruise. That is why it is important to check the amount of available credit you have. You will not be charged more than what you owe.

The gist that I got from the OP's matter of the credit card is there were charges to his credit card that may not have been charges that he accrued but nonetheless were charged to his credit card. He got no explanation as to what these extra charges were for and/or why they were charged to his credit card. If this is what the OP is trying to say, I would agree that he has a right to know what these charges are for. I have had discrepancies / errors on my onboard account and after a visit to Guest Relations, these errors were quickly reversed. But then again, I secure my onboard account with cash and not a credit card so there are no surprises before I disembark or when I get home.

As for the rest of the opening post, I suspect it was a comedy of errors that snowballed into an unpleasant situation: English as a second language, different customs and different cultures.

I was sympathetic with the language barrier initially, but at one point the OP creates a clear sentence which makes me suspect. Besides, there are many sites you can type in your native language and have it translated. It works very well. This is simply a jumble.

Still, this may be a legitimate post and I'll treat it as such. It appears that Celebrity was well within their rights. It's my guess that the complaints by staff were probably justified since no cruise line will threaten leaving a passenger in port without good reason.

On our recent cruise there was an incident where passengers were put off the ship. They had evidently been smoking on the balcony of their cabin and when asked by their neighbors to please stop, they responded with extremely lewd behavior. They were left bag and baggage at the shore. At least this is the story many of us were told.

It's clear in the passenger contract that Celebrity, with good cause, can do this.

One thing that is being overlooked is the cruiselines right (and obligation) to ensure that nothing illegal or dangerous is occuring in the cabin. The cruise company is the landlord and is also afforded certain rights, like the right to inspect the property as it were. Now I'm sure that this OP was not doing anything wrong but if the cabin steward is blocked from entering and the customer is insisting he not enter, there leaves room for doubt on the part of the cruiseline as to exactly what is going on here. For all they know, the OP (and I'm not suggesting they were) could have been running a meth lab in there or hiding a dead body! Let's face people (not the OP, certainly) do some strange and scary things.

Sounds like some give and take for all parties was called for with some better communication. Sorry you didn't have a good cruise but I think that much of it is a misunderstanding with a lot of overreaction on both sides. :rolleyes:

why do people respond to trolls? :eek::confused:

I don't believe the OP is a troll.

I volunteer with ESL students. You have no idea how difficult their lives are when they are unable to communicate with someone who does not speak their language. Our students work very hard to learn English and the OP has tried very hard to have us understand what he is trying to say. He has come back a few times to try to explain more. Trolls don't do that.