Anyone tried the Viareggio beach excursion?

In Livorno, one of the choices was Viarreggio Beach and Pisa. Has anyone tried this? I'll be there the last day it's open. Any idea on the weather in Mid-September? Is it in the Cinque Terra? (I really need to learn to correctly spell these places. Sorry.)

We have never done this excursion but viareggio beach is not cinque terre.

The beaches in this part of Italy, in my opinion only, are bland and I would think that there are much more interesting things to do for the day.

Yes, we did the Pisa with Beach tour last summer. No complaints. HOWEVER quite simply once you are at the beach, you are at ANY beach. It is certainly lovely, and it is quite something to see the Italian Alps off in the distance. But when we returned to the ship and heard others speak of Florence and what they saw, our day certainly paled in comparison. We had two teenagers with us, so we chose this for their benefit. It seemed all of the passengers with kids/teens were of the same mind. Lets put it this way, there was certainly no complaints and we had a fine time, BUT I agree that there are certainly better things to do when in port at Livorno.

Enjoy!

Archived