Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport

LEESRE

Has anyone stayed here most recently I notice from old postings that they do not do a shuttle to the port.

Could someone who has stayed recently say if they got a cab to the port and was there much trouble getting one. Also what sort of fare do they charge.

many thanks.

Hi LEESRE .....I had to call RCL regarding booking a post cruise package with them and also enquired as to what hotel they were using for cruises deperting from FLL and I was advised that they are using the Sheraton at FLL airport, with transfers included, Not sure if that is the case though if you have booked on your own. I also meant to have a look at their (sheraton) web site to see what the hotel was like.

I'll post back if I can find any info for you.

Sandra

Hi again leesre.

Just had a look at the sheraton FLL airport, it looks good. No mention though of shuttle to port, but does state limited shuttle to airport, not much more info than that i'm afraid.

Did notice though that they say they are only 5 miles from the port in FLL so cant imagine that it would cost that much.

Perhaps if you e.mailed them they would be able to tell you more.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. When are you sailing and which ship are you going to be on....just me being nosy lol.

happycruzer

HAL uses the Sheraton Airport for pre-cruise stays. They have a transfer from the hotel to the port. I would guess that if your cruise line uses the hotel, there is a transfer available to purchase. It will undoubtedly be more expensive than a cab but might save a bit of hassle with your luggage. Most cruisers who have used cabs from the airport to the port are reporting a fare of about $10.00. I'd imagine the fare from the hotel would be about the same as it is only a few blocks away from the airport toward the port.

Stayed there in Feb...They have "drivers" right there to take you to port. Around 15.00. We used them to get to port and it was fine. You just need to let the front desk know what time you want to go. I hate shuttles, and waiting for everyone else. Let me say however the SHeraton has a great pool and great bed toppers. However, it is pretty pricey to eat there! One slice on cheesecahe and a tea, 12.00! At the fron desk you can ask them for menus from local eateries that deliver. We did this and they came rght out ot the pool. This hotel is "out there" but you can get on of the drivers to take you into FLL if you are there for a few days precruise.

We will be staying at the Sheraton- FLL for our pre-cruise the 27th. I understand there isn't much around there though, but we get in pretty late. I made arrangeemnt with B.C. Express to pick us up the next day and take us to the port. There is an shuttle from airport to hotel. Since we get in late I will call the hotel to see if they run that late. I got it on priceline for $50.

Many thanks for all your replies. We have purchased the transfers with Celebrity but we thought of using a cab this time round, reason is that you have to wait such a long time for them to round everyone up and there is usually alot of queue jumping.

We are sailing on Millennium on the 1st May, 2005 on the transatlantic voyage.

Cannot wait for another two weeks and we should be in Florida.

Again many thanks.

Rex

We stayed there on night pre cruise. The hotel was very nice, they gave us a corner room with all the windows, but it was a smoking room. We tried to switch rooms, but they were booked full. We got the room for 50 dollars through priceline. The hotel is out there by itself. When we got we needed to go buy some stuff that we forgot, so we got a cab and they took us to Target that was a couple of miles away and it only cost us 6 dollars. There was a little diner around the corner from the target so we just ate there. We picked up something for breakfest at Target so we just ate in our room. They had all kinds of shuttles to the pier the next morning, so we just went down stairs and they were there waiting on us. I think it was 15 dollars for the two of us. I hope this helps out.

Is this the Sheraton in Dania at 1825 Griffin Road Dania, Florida that you are talking about?

We are booked at the Rennaisance for our cruise in December but have just received a complimentary Starwood Preferred Guest Membership from Air Canada and the Starwood is part of the Sheraton chain.

Yes Esme, that's the address of the FLL Airport Sheraton they're referring to in these posts... It's a nice hotel, but there isn't much of anything within walking distance.

I assume you're booked at the Renaissance on SE17th Street, if so that's a very nice hotel right across from the entrance to Port Everglades with many restaurants and shops within walking distance.

The Airport Sheraton Hotel in Dania Beach is a grrrreat place to stay! Many of us that sail Seabourn always stay here......this past March before our Pride Crossing there were 14 of us that had our 2 day Pre-party here! Vik, at the Desk is a super fellow.....also Natasha! They have always been soooo very efficient!

The breakfast buffet is THE best in town!!! Very friendly and warm folks in the dining room~~~~excellent food!

Also, the Valet attendant will arrange for a van to take you to Port Everglades.

An additional "perk", they will take you to the Mall and pick you up!

I highly recommend The Airport Sheraton Hotel~~~~ask for either Vik or Natasha! (I was told at the end of March that there is a new Manager)

Happy Trails and Sails!

Martita B.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel prior to their cruise? Do they have free parking, shuttle to pier and breakfast? I am looking at Feb. 2006.

I am looking for a hotel that is reasonable and convenient to the port but is not right near the port. I don't want to stay where there are 500 people waiting for shuttles etc.

Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Has anyone stayed at this hotel prior to their cruise? Do they have free parking, shuttle to pier and breakfast? I am looking at Feb. 2006.

I am looking for a hotel that is reasonable and convenient to the port but is not right near the port. I don't want to stay where there are 500 people waiting for shuttles etc.

Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks for your help!

I stayed here a couple of years ago. The hotel was being renovated at the time. It was just ok. The La Quinta Inn and Suites are better.

They do not have shuttles from the airport or to the port. I have stayed in this area in Ft. Lauderdale many times and we always rented a car. It is nice to take a drive and be able to eat anywhere we choose. The car rental company will take you to the port.

Ask around but I do not think there are any hotels in North Ft. Lauderdale that have free shuttles from the airport or to the port.

I stayed at the Marriott North (in the Cypress Creek area) which is a very large full service hotel, and they did not have airport to port shuttle service either.

Breakfast at La Quinta's are continental, cereal, juice, muffins, fruit, toast.

The Hotel does have a shuttle from the airport, so I have been told.

But you have to ask about shuttle to port.

Perhaps they have one now. When I stayed there they did not.

The La Quinta Inn and Suites (airport) does have a shuttle and will take you to the port.

Just stayed at the sheraton three weeks ago. The place is very pretty and the room was nice.

The restaurant had very good food, but pricey. The pool area was beautiful.

There is a shuttle service from the airport, which we used. They will call you a cab to the port. Just call the front desk and tell them you will be down in 20 minutes and haul your stuff out the front. Our cab was there within minutes of the designated time and off we went! I think it was 15 dollars (?)

The ride is not far. 2 people with 10 days worth of luggage!!

Enjoy~ I would stay there again anytime.

Donna

Just stayed at the sheraton three weeks ago. The place is very pretty and the room was nice.

The restaurant had very good food, but pricey. The pool area was beautiful.

There is a shuttle service from the airport, which we used. They will call you a cab to the port. Just call the front desk and tell them you will be down in 20 minutes and haul your stuff out the front. Our cab was there within minutes of the designated time and off we went! I think it was 15 dollars (?)

The ride is not far. 2 people with 10 days worth of luggage!!

Enjoy~ I would stay there again anytime.

Donna

Did you need to call for the airport shuttle, or do they just keep circling around and jump on when they come by?

Right across from the baggage claim is a bank of phones with a list of each hotel and car rental shuttle and it's coordinating speed dial number.

I think the Sheraton is 21 (?). You just call and tell them you are at baggage claim and need a ride to the hotel and they tell you to go to the shuttle area

(out the doors and all the way down on your right)

and you wait for your shuttle.

Don't be freaked out by all the people. There are a lot of shuttles that pick up over there.

Donna

Archived