drinks package on rcl

myndos

hi we are traveling on the ios to the canires in may, we would like to know about the wine packages how many glasses of wine would you need to have too make the packages worthwhile, and can you take a glass of wine back to your cabin, and if you have the package can you use room service to bring wine. ps i dont intend to drink to excess, we would normally have about 2 bottles of wine between when we go out thanks

We always purchase a wine package as it offers a saving against the purchase of several single bottles IMHO .

It will all depend on the type of wine you prefer to work out if the package is worthwhile.

However, as the cost of a glass of wine costs anything from $8 plus gratuity upwards, it doesn't take many glasses to make it cost effective to buy a bottle.

If you open a bottle for example in the dining room, but don't finish it, of course you can take the remainder whether just in a glass or even the bottle back to your cabin.

I don't believe you can get a bottle of wine from your wine package from room service though.

Hope that helps.

hi thanks pete,can you drink as many glasses as you want i dont want to get legless but i dont want to be sitting counting how many i have had, and also do you just order wine in any bar and show a card, we have never been on a cruise before so sorry if i sound naive cheers

hi thanks pete,can you drink as many glasses as you want i dont want to get legless but i dont want to be sitting counting how many i have had, and also do you just order wine in any bar and show a card, we have never been on a cruise before so sorry if i sound naive cheers

The wine package is not unlimited wine, it is a specific number of bottles. The number of bottles is determined by which package you choose.

You get bottles of wine from your package in the Main Dining Room or a specialty restaurant. Your waiter or assistant waiter will fetch the bottle of you choice (from a limited list determined by which level of package you decide to purchase) and bring it to you at dinner. You can choose to consume one (or more) bottles at dinner, or take one (or more) bottles to your stateroom.

An alternative on the IOS is the alcohol package.

This is the info from their website....

As an enhancement to Royal Caribbean's beverage programme, we are excited to announce the launch of some Beverage Package options, giving our guests a no-hassle way to enjoy an all-inclusive beverage experience during their cruise holiday

Beverage packages are only available to book on board on the following ships: Independence of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, Legend of the Seas and Splendour of the Seas+. We will be evaluating this trial with a view to adjusting the packages to ensure the best guest experience, therefore they are subject to change or withdrawal at any time.

Make your holiday more relaxing and enjoyable by paying one set price for a wide variety of beverage choices

The available packages are as follows:

Beer Package*

In this package you can enjoy all beer brands on board, by draft, can or bottle up to a value of $7, house wines by the glass, soda fountain items and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails. Price is $45 per guest, per day.

Premium Package*

In this package you can enjoy all of the benefits of the beer package as well as our house and premium spirits; brand names include Absolut, Bombay Sapphire and Johnny Walker Black Label and all alcoholic frozen cocktails using the spirits available. Price is $55 per guest, per day.

*The above daily prices are inclusive of gratuities.

+Splendour of the Seas launch date is still awaiting confirmation at this time.

Archived