Before You Cruise - Timeline Checklist

croozluv

We're leaving in a little over a month on a Legend Cruise! Sooo excited! DH and I have only been on a weekend cruise before and we cannot wait to spend 8 days on the Legend. We have four other cabins going with us so I've been trying to compile some sort of checklist for everyone of things to do before we set sail. Thanks to all of you here at CruiseCritic, I've scoured these boards for the last year and I think I've finally done it!

What have I missed on this list? I know there's something! I'd like to add whatever I've missed before I email to our friends that are going with us.

Thanks again, this community has been a wonderful help to newbie cruisers like us!

CruiseTimelineChecklist.pdf

Sounds like you have most of it covered. I would just make sure that everyone knows to pack their passport, cruise tickets, etc. in carryon and to keep it with them. Once you give a porter your bags you won't get them til you are on the ship.

You probably should let them know that their bottle of wine they are allowed to take must be in their carry on luggage, as well as water or non-alcoholic beverages they are taking.

Excellent suggestion. I added it....Thank you so much!

Great list, I think the pedicure is the most important! He he!

I agree!:D

Don't want to highjack... but can you explain about the line that states ATT free calls to US?

The plan that my friends and I have with AT&T allows for calls to made within the contiguous United States. The phones won't work outside of the US without having International Roaming turned on. It's free to turn the service on, but we have to pay for minutes. Added it to the list only because I would hate for one of us to have a problem and not be able to call home! (I should have probably addressed that in my initial post, sorry!)

Thanks for Taking time To do this. When u first started cruising in 2007 I stumbled opinion Cruise Critic. I immediately started taking notes. As I would book cruises with friends I'd share my info. My last

Cruise 4/2010 I took time to type it up and share with the 11 other cabins I had booked with mine. It was very handy. Three months ago my computer Crashed and when I looked on my external hard drive I apparently has not saved that file. I was sick. I have started making a new list but with your permission I would like To use Your list. Happy cruising.

Sounds like you have most of it covered. I would just make sure that everyone knows to pack their passport, cruise tickets, etc. in carryon and to keep it with them. Once you give a porter your bags you won't get them til you are on the ship.

Yep, we all have labeled travel binders with pockets labeled for: ID/Passports, Tickets/Boarding Passes, Excursions/Confirmations, Receipts and Small Bills. I'm trying to be as organized as possible so we don't forget anything! Maybe I'll post my binder too.....I use it when we travel but it's usually by air not sea! Thanks so much for contributing!

I'm not sure I can wait until 1-2 days before to pack.:D

Me either! :p My bags are packed! Unfortunately, my friends and family going with are last minute packers. For shame!:D

What an excellent list. With your permission I am going to use it for our next cruise in 36 days!

Kevin C

Of course you can! I hope lots of people get use out of it.....It literally took me a full year to put together. The "real" list is 6 pages long and includes a checklist of what to pack, and ship/island tips! (Yes, I'm waaaay too organized :D) Have fun on your cruise!

We're leaving in a little over a month on a Legend Cruise! Sooo excited! DH and I have only been on a weekend cruise before and we cannot wait to spend 8 days on the Legend. We have four other cabins going with us so I've been trying to compile some sort of checklist for everyone of things to do before we set sail. Thanks to all of you here at CruiseCritic, I've scoured these boards for the last year and I think I've finally done it!

What have I missed on this list? I know there's something! I'd like to add whatever I've missed before I email to our friends that are going with us.

Thanks again, this community has been a wonderful help to newbie cruisers like us!

Great List, but I suggest one revision.I don't know where you live but where we do, in Maryland, the pipes may freeze in the winter if we turn off the furnace. You don't want that to happen, they could burst.

One summer we made the mistake of turning off the air conditioner while we were on vacation. When we returned the damp heat had caused fungus to grow everywhere, especially on shoes that we left in our closets.

I just throw my stuff in a bag and get on the boat no need for lists multi-color charts or anything.

Great! Wish I could do the same! Unfortunately, I have a dog that needs kenneled, bills that need paid, and a mother-in-law who MUST get flowers for her birthday which will be while we are at sea. I'm envious of those who can just pack-and-go. But the point of my post was to ask if anyone had anything to add. Do you have something that you think may help me to add to my list? :confused:

Great List, but I suggest one revision.I don't know where you live but where we do, in Maryland, the pipes may freeze in the winter if we turn off the furnace. You don't want that to happen, they could burst.

One summer we made the mistake of turning off the air conditioner while we were on vacation. When we returned the damp heat had caused fungus to grow everywhere, especially on shoes that we left in our closets.

Wow! I'm so sorry to hear that. That's a GREAT suggestion. I live in Florida, just about an hour from the port and I never would have thought about that. This cruise we just have Florida family going with us, but next year we will be having family from Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota. I will DEFINITELY add that for next year....It never even occurred to me to think of things that might happen in cold weather climates. Thanks so much!

Thanks for Taking time To do this....Three months ago my computer Crashed and when I looked on my external hard drive I apparently has not saved that file. I was sick. I have started making a new list but with your permission I would like To use Your list. Happy cruising.

Of course you can....I'm glad it's helped you. **going to back my list up to hard drive now** :D

DalesWife, I LOVE this list. I'm a a list-maker myself, so I just love this sort of thing! I only took a quick look so far, but one thing that comes to mind is when I called the kennel to make reservations, they reminded me that I have to bring copies of up-to-date vaccination records for the cats when I drop them off. So, make sure your dog(s) will be current on their vaccinations at the time of your trip, if your kennel requires this :-)

I had read this years ago and do not know if it is still valid, but i have made copies of my passport also.

great list and thanks for sharing.............

I always do that when I fly, too. Not sure if it really serves any purpose, but I always just think it couldn't hurt to have it!

DalesWife, I LOVE this list. I'm a a list-maker myself, so I just love this sort of thing! I only took a quick look so far, but one thing that comes to mind is when I called the kennel to make reservations, they reminded me that I have to bring copies of up-to-date vaccination records for the cats when I drop them off. So, make sure your dog(s) will be current on their vaccinations at the time of your trip, if your kennel requires this :-)

I *have to* make lists....I get far too busy and would forget everything! My kennel is an extension of my vets office so they have that already....But I'm not sure if that's the case for our friends. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add it!

Daleswife --- great list. Thanks.

Don't tease us. Please post the 6 page list. I'm sure there are cruisers in addition to me who would love to read it. :)

You got it! Here it is....

Remember though, ALL of this information is from right here on Cruise Critic....I cannot take credit for it. I just compiled it! Our short weekend cruise we didn't even order Room Service because we didn't know how much it would cost! I've learned so much on CruiseCritic and I'll be taking full advantage of all the benefits I didn't know about! Thank you all so much and hopefully this will help someone else.

ChecklistLong.pdf

Archived