Which Rhodes Beach - Faliraki or Kallithea?

account4fun

So I have been doing some reading and it appears Faliraki or Kallithea beach in Rhodes might be a good fit for us....but I am trying to figure out if one is better than the other.

Here's what we are looking for - not jammed packed with crowds or too much of a party atmosphere, a few/selection of bars and or restaurants, water sports we can go either way, snorkeling would be nice, and places to rent chairs. We also would like to only spend half a day there and the other half in Rhodes Old Town.

If we can't end up chosing is it possible to make it to both beaches for a couple hours? I assume there will be taxis in the area....??

Thanks!:)

So I have been doing some reading and it appears Faliraki or Kallithea beach in Rhodes might be a good fit for us....but I am trying to figure out if one is better than the other.

Here's what we are looking for - not jammed packed with crowds or too much of a party atmosphere, a few/selection of bars and or restaurants, water sports we can go either way, snorkeling would be nice, and places to rent chairs. We also would like to only spend half a day there and the other half in Rhodes Old Town.

If we can't end up chosing is it possible to make it to both beaches for a couple hours? I assume there will be taxis in the area....??

Thanks!:)

I don't know Kallithea at all but Faliraki used to be a party beach.

For many years it was where young Brits went on their early non-accompanied group holidays. For a long time tales of drunken exploits, fights, poor behaviour and horrific accidents were a common occurrence each summer.

In recent years there have been moves to clean up its reputation and encourage more families.

The beach section of the Rhodes guide might be helpful.

HTH,

Mands

Why leave Rhodos Town which is almost completely surrounded by a beach? You can easily walk to the beach from the port, and if you take the windy part (west), it's not too crowded.

Screwcork

We were looking for a beach not quite so crowded or developed as it seems Eli beach can be...plus it would be nice to see a little more of the island.

Archived