Parking for Voyager

bike1964

I didn't have any luck posting this on the New Orleans port of call board, so I am now trying here. Just trying to clarify a few things to prevent (from what I have read) a parking nightmare. Maybe things have gotten better, but with 2 ships leaving on the 28th, it could be bad.:eek: Thnaks for your replies.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1552525

No parking nightmare at all. You can prepay Fulton right across from the cruise complex and zip right into the multi story garage.

Give the attendents your printed reservation and go park. A Porter will meet you at your vehicle and load you on the shuttle. Very short drive and they take your luggage ship side and you see it at your suite. Go check yourself in and away you go.

So, we are used to exiting @ the last exit before the bridge, and making a right on (I believe) Convention and following that about 1/2 mile then making a left, going over some train tracks and then that basically becomes the line you wait in until you can off load the luggage and go park. There is a small open lot on the right with a chain link fence around it under the bridge. is that still the same?

Go. To fultonplaceparking.com

901 convention center Blvd. You will see the picture of the large structure. They take your luggage and you by shuttlie to the ship and offload the luggage with porters and you to embarkation check.

Go. To fultonplaceparking.com

901 convention center Blvd. You will see the picture of the large structure. They take your luggage and you by shuttlie to the ship and offload the luggage with porters and you to embarkation check.

I am only interested in parking directly @ the cruise terminal. I don't want to involve a shuttle. Thanks for the info though. I was hoping to get some info from someone who used the actual cruise terminal adjacent to the ship.

Can someone please clarify this for me.

I understand the parking for Voyager is @ the Julia St terminal which is an open air lot adjacent to the terminal. (whale lot) Their charge is $16 per day w/out a covering? (not sure how secure that is either?) The Fulton St garage is maybe 1 or 2 blocks away and its a covered garage and $4 a day cheaper. I did a google earth view of the whale lot and it doesn't look very big either. Where does the overflow park? How did Carnival/Norweigan score the Erato St garage and RCCL got the short end of the straw?:eek: Thats where we parked last Feb on the Spirit. Nice covered garage. What a rip off!! $112 to park in an open lot a block from the terminal.:( Shame on RCCL.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Julia Street parking is not so bad, It is close to terminal and a easy walk back to terminal after dropping luggage and parking. Yes the price is higher than Carnival's parking garage ( garage is owned by Carnival) Julia St. parking is in front of Riverwalk Mall. The other parking garage is 2 blocks from Terminal and porters will not take luggage to that Garage after cruise is over, But will take luggage to Julia St. parking and lot is very large it will hold about 2000 autos. So just park and enjoy the cruise :cool:

Carnival built their parking garage. When we were on Voyager in Dec. we parked at the Fulton Place parking. It is several blocks away but have shuttles. We prepaid and when we got there we just showed our reservation and were directed to park on level 8. There were one or two higher decks. There was someone there to help with our luggage. We felt the car was very secure. RCCL is the newcomer in the New Orleans port.

Thanks for the replies. I don't want to wait for a shuttle when I get off the ship. I am ready to go once I get off. I guess I'll go for the whale lot. it sure doesn't look like it will hold that many cars though:confused:

I doubt Carnival built anything. NCL was the first back in the city after Katrina and was the first to use the Erato Street terminal. RCCL did try New Orleans after Katrina but quickly bailed. Now they are back trying again. But I digress.

Carnival now has two ships in the city year round and NCL and RCCL are there seasonally. I suspect that explains the terminal and parking situation.

I have walked from Fulton Place to/from the Julia Street terminal, but they do have a shuttle.

http://www.fultonplaceparking.com/index_files/Page21025.htm

Never parked there, but have dropped off Hertz cars before.

I doubt Carnival built anything. NCL was the first back in the city after Katrina and was the first to use the Erato Street terminal. RCCL did try New Orleans after Katrina but quickly bailed. Now they are back trying again. But I digress.

Carnival now has two ships in the city year round and NCL and RCCL are there seasonally. I suspect that explains the terminal and parking situation.

I have walked from Fulton Place to/from the Julia Street terminal, but they do have a shuttle.

http://www.fultonplaceparking.com/index_files/Page21025.htm

Never parked there, but have dropped off Hertz cars before.

Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense to give the "permanent" guys the best deal!!

Archived