Northbound vs. Southbound Sapphire

stlrod

Thanks to all for your help. I've narrowed down my ship for my late May/early June voyage. I definitiely want the Sapphire so now the only question left is Southbound vs. Northbound (fortunately I have ff tickes for both on hold til tomorrow.) The price is about the same (though I can get an obstructed OV Northbound as opposed to an inside southbound.) Either way, we will spend very little time in ANC and couple of nights in Vancouver. Northbound includes Glacier Bay and College Fjord while Southbound includes Hubbard and Glacier Bay. Any preferences and why?

Another vote for Southbound and Hubbard over College Fjord. But really the best option is a B2B and get all of them :)

An interesting point was raised the other day. Why not go northbound on one ship, stay around for a few days, and then return on another ship.

By doing that you would get a different menu, or at the least a different head chef, AND different entertainment.

The only draw back would be too much packing.

john

Check the flight schedules out of Anchorage compared to Vancouver. If my memory is correct, the ones out of Anchorage are red-eye and can be very tiring.

B. Cole

We are taking a 1:00 pm flight out of Anchorage to Seattle to LA. Staying overnight at an airport Embassy Suites, then morning flight to El Paso. It is cheaper than an overnight including the hotel.

Archived