Dining Reservations - error?

heidik

I am confused. I am on a 14-day sailing leaving in March. According to the "Rules" below, I should be able to book 2 reservations per restaurant.

"Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Penthouse Suite and Concierge Level Veranda

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

10-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant"

I just went to my online account to make my reservations, but it states:

"Your Concierge Level Veranda (A3) guarantees you a minimum of 1 reservation(s) at Polo Grill, Toscana, Jacques and Red Ginger. You have 4 reservation(s) available."

Am I reading this incorrectly, or is this an error? Thought I'd run this past this knowledgeable board first before calling Oceania.....thanks

Unfortunately, that first set of rules that you quoted only apply only to the R ships.

The Marina & Riviera use the regulations that you quote from the website.

Those smaller ships have two specialty restaurants for a total of four restaurant visits total which is the same number that you are getting on the bigger ships so there is sort of a logic to it......in a way :o

Heidik,

I agree it was easier to figure these things out when Oceania only had ONE category of ship!

Still, for us the one big advantage for Marina is the extra restaurants. All in all, we give a very slight edge to the "R" ships for our future cruises, but not enough to say "we'll never sail on the new ships"! For us, it's the itinerary that will be the governing factor.

In other words, the "R" ships have their advantages but the Oceania class ships also have some advantages.

Mura

I think the Marina is great and I am sure I will love the Riviera..but I am a small ship person and my favorite ships are the R ships..I hope to continue to cruise on them as long as I cruise..although now there will only be 2 small ships with Oceania..

Jancruz1

Archived