To the few on this board cruising Silver Shadow Feb, 23

beita123

Hi all. I know we are probably few cruise critic enthusiasts meeting on this forum, on this voyage! Lets talk upcoming cruise.....PLS! From Freemantle to Singapore....wow, so far away from us....anybody excited? Lets share expectations!

My husband and I will be joining in Fremantle. Unlike others we only have a 20 minute journey to the port. Expect very hot weather - its been 40C and over this week and the further north we sail the hotter it will become.

Look forward to meeting you all.

40 degrees? My God! I hope Silverseas has good airconditioning! Hope to meet everybody onboard! There os also a Tropical cyclone active in WA. Lets hope there will be none when we cross the ecuator to Indonesia.

There are hundreds of eating places in Fremantle. If you want to do a very Australian thing, people go to Fishermans Wharf where they serve very good Fish and Chips. You sit beside the water and overlook the Fishing Boat Harbour. The best are either Kailis or Cicerello's. It would get you in a holiday mood but don't know what you will do with your luggage if you haven't done the formalities and boarded the ship first.

If you are looking for a more formal lunch probably the Esplanade Hotel which is quite near the Fishing Boat Harbour.

I understood you were staying at the Intercontinental in Perth. If you have the time there is a little tram that leaves the hotel and tours Perth showing you the sights of Perth, well worth doing. If you haven't time for that I suggest your taxi to the ship goes via Kings Park and you get out to view the city from the War Memorial. Its a scene you will never forget!

Thank you so much Mrscrab for all your kind recommendations! We really hope to meet you and your husband onboard. We are a couple in our mid to late forties travelling with my mom and dad on the same cruise. We are so excited to visit Australia! We have been to the East coast and also Adelaide...but not to the west coast. It seems so remote to us being fron Central America. Do you like to play trivia? My husband and I love it. We often play trivia in our past Seabourn Cruises and have so much fun. Look foward to meeting you onboard!

We decide after a couple of days. To us it depends on several things. If the passengers are mainly American we find that we aren't up to getting the correct answers as generally the questions are US orientated. We like the 'WORLD WIDE' general trivia questions. We do appreciate that winning a bookmark is the idea of winning and there is no money involved, if this was the case on one voyage we could have lost even our home!!

Archived