SCUBA Dive in Belize with the Cruise Ship Tour

flyau98

We just got back from Belize, and don't normally book our adventures with the ships shore excursion desk, but we did this time and I believe it was the right descision.

Hugh Parkey's Belize Dive Connection is the operator that serves Carnival:

http://www.belizediving.com/

His trip picked up up directly from the ship (others required a trip to the pier and a walk or taxi through Belize City, not a fun thought with 30lbs of equip), which allowed enough time to get to the calm waters off Turneffe Atoll (others took divers to the barrier reef, which was exposed to 4-6ft seas the day we were there...Boat Capt said is was calm that day). The dive was beautiful and totally hassel free. We could have saved about $30 each going ashore but it wouldn't have been worth it by any stretch. The ship's snorkel/SNUBA tour went to the barrier reef and I heard it was a mess with current and rough water.

I've dove around the world and Turneffe Atoll was probably the #1 or #2 dive I've done. Well worth the $140.

Archived