Congratulations!

DanceswithNancy

Congratulations to our favorite cruise line: Seabourn's 5 ships each scored in the top 7 of Condé Nast's "Top 20 Small Cruise Ships" (# 1, 2, 4, 6, 7 in the February, 2010 issue). Deservedly so, I must add.

DanceswithNancy: February 2010 - 2 years ago?:confused:

JaneBP - that would explain the 5 ships!

Oh right, thanks Fairbourne! Not sure if it's aging vision or pure carelessness that I make these mistakes.

Aaah I had to read it a couple of times before it clicked! ;)

By the way, are you celebrating on the 25th?

Not this year but last year we were invited to a Burns Supper (with not too much of the Rabbie!) at Hopetoun House near Edinburgh http://www.hopetoun.co.uk - a beautiful house and fabulous event. With the pipes, dancing and a glass or two of the amber nectar. I hate Haggis! LOL! Give me a Nigerian Shrimp any day LOL!

I imagine Seabourn Ships will have listed all 6 in Conde Nast's top 20 this year.

Oops - that's the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler ... Seabourn's newest ship, the Quest, must not have been in the survey, as it was put in service only last June ...

Please pardon.

None needed DanceswithNancy - now why do I keep thinking of Kevin Kostner! LOL :)

We sailed on her maiden TA - beautiful ship, wonderful crew, so I'm sure she'll make the top 10 this year!

Hi DanceswithNancy

We enjoyed all the dining venues - we didn't eat in Restaurant 2 - Seabourn Square - what a fantastic concept.

We enjoyed everything from beautifully presented and delicious dishes in the MDR, to more casual in the Colonnade, and don't even get me started on the wonderful, delicious, tender, yummy, succulent Nigerian Shrimps (oh gawd I can hear all groaning on these boards, there she goes off again about those blooming shrimps! LOL! But they are delicious! LOL!)

So I think you get the jist we really enjoyed the food - and room service is great too - perfect for any inclement weather days when you can watch a movie - from a great up-to-date "view on demand" movie selection - with pizza, Miss M's fries and JaneBP's caesar salad! Yummy!

Our suite was on deck 6 about 2/3 of the way along so just past mid-ship - we have a V5 but really there's no difference in the "V" apart from location on the ship. We were very pleased and had plenty of space for all of our stuff!

I totally by accident found out that the walls of the suite are magnetic (above the dresser at the end of the bed) - now how did I find that out? - well I have a scarf that has little buttons on the end which have small magnets in them to clip together a la Sophia Loren style and one day I came in to find the DH - clever boy - had "hung" it up on the wall! LOL! Well I can tell you it made a great little sling to put my glasses and sunglasses in as I am ALWAYS losing them!

Anyway what I had intended to be a short response, has now evolved into something a bit longer! :) I'm sure you'll enjoy one of the big sisters!

Archived