Can you rent snorkel equip on Miracle?

w8ing2cruz

I've heard that in the past you could rent equip right from the ship for the week. We have our own but some that we are sailing with do not and I thought this would be a good option. Does anyone know if Miracle offers this? Thanks.

I've heard that in the past you could rent equip right from the ship for the week. We have our own but some that we are sailing with do not and I thought this would be a good option. Does anyone know if Miracle offers this? Thanks.

We cruise the Miracle on 4/20. I'm interested in snorkeling in St. Thomas and Grand Turk. Was wondering if I should buy my own gear before we sail, but I'm curious if they rent it on the ship and for how much.

Most ships have a disposable snorkel that they sell, not rent. It's just the mouth piece and snorkel tube, but it would be much better than putting a rental mouth piece in your mouth. You will have to rent your mask, vest, and fins wherever you snorkel. We carry our own mask & snorkel and rent the vest and fins.

Most ships have a disposable snorkel that they sell, not rent. It's just the mouth piece and snorkel tube, but it would be much better than putting a rental mouth piece in your mouth. You will have to rent your mask, vest, and fins wherever you snorkel. We carry our own mask & snorkel and rent the vest and fins.

You make a good point. Thanks.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

If you guys have a Costco near you, right now they have a great snorkle set by US Divers. Just bought our Son a new one. The last one had lasted him 4 years and it was getting old. Includes mask, snorkle and flippers with a carry bag

If you guys have a Costco near you, right now they have a great snorkle set by US Divers. Just bought our Son a new one. The last one had lasted him 4 years and it was getting old. Includes mask, snorkle and flippers with a carry bag

We bought the same brand at Bass Pro, but later "upgraded" to much higher priced gear from a pro dive shop. Honestly, I like the US Divers mask and snorkel better than the ones we got at the dive shop!

Thanks for the tip. I have a Costco about 15 minutes from home. Will go check it out tomorrow or Tuesday.

We have our own snorkel gear but never take it as it takes up too much room. Can't remember what we paid but was not very much and the mouth piece is disposable so no worries there. I take sanitary wipes and wipe out the inside of the flippers - after seeing some of the feet that go in there - that is more of a concern to me.

We were very happy to have our own mask and snorkels on our trip this past September, and will be happy to have them again on our next cruise... most 'rentals' are well worn and scratched to pieces. You can buy a $5 snorkel at guest services,tho..then take your chances in the ports for masks.

Archived