Does no one go to Governor's Beach?

pitterpattershoppe

I keep reading how wonderful and famous Governor's Beach is in travels guides, etc., but when I search for it here, there is little-to-no info on it. Seems as everyone hangs out at Jack Shack. :confused:

Anyone have details on Governor's Beach? Primarily, what's the best way to get there (and how much does it cost)? What to expect? That kind of thing.

Been there great beach. Walk out to the street from the peir turn left walk about 3/4 of a mile and your there. We are going back in April and will just walk to the beach. Follow the posted signs. We spent half are time at Governor's and the other half at the cruise center. Great free port.

You can also take a taxi there, but I'm not sure how much it'll be. It was $5 to town and $7 to Pillory Beach last Nov. and those 2 beaches are both quite a bit farther away then Governor's. But to walk there, you do have to walk along the road now since the beach is fenced off just past Jack's Shack.

We took a cab first to town, then caught a cab going back to the ship and had them drop us off at Governor's. Lovely, uncrowded beach with lounge chair rentals (though we just sat on our towels) and snack bar. We then walked along the road to the back entrance to Jack's Shack, had lunch and walked back to the ship. All in all, an inexpensive day.

Side note, I wasn't sure about going into town, but we enjoyed just wandering around and taking pictures for an hour or so before hitting the beach.

We LOVED Governor's Beach. We had rented golf carts & spent the rest of our day there after touring the island. Had an absolute blast. We had some pretty good snorkeling right off the beach as well. You could easily walk to it if you wanted, depending on your capability. See my pic below of my son snorkeling...that was at G.B. :D

Archived