The hubs says we'll be fine - help!

Fleurty Girl

My husband and I will arrive in Montego Bay for the first time in February. We have decided on a day @ Hilton Rose Hall but have some questions:

How much is a taxi ride from Mo Bay to Rose Hall? ($20/2pp each way is preferable- any more makes the cost unreasonable in comparison to the tour groups)

Is taking a taxi a safe thing to do or should you stick with a tour co such as jamaicaforaday? (the hope is to maximize our time as the tours seem to wait to fill a shuttle)

We have dealt with the solicitation of the French Quarter all our lives so pushy pot pimps don't bother me but getting driven off into the Jamaican wilderness gives me pause.

Thanks for helping a couple of noobs from Nola!

I don't know exactly how much is taxi from MB to the Hilton but when we were in Falmouth in Jan 2012, our group of 8 used Curtney Taylor for transport.

He has all kind of cars and big vans .

We had a driver all day and it was $18/person.

I guess it shouldn't be more expensive than that if you only want a transfer.

E-mail him and ask... courtney_tay@yahoo.com.

My husband and I will arrive in Montego Bay for the first time in February. We have decided on a day @ Hilton Rose Hall but have some questions:

How much is a taxi ride from Mo Bay to Rose Hall? ($20/2pp each way is preferable- any more makes the cost unreasonable in comparison to the tour groups)

Is taking a taxi a safe thing to do or should you stick with a tour co such as jamaicaforaday? (the hope is to maximize our time as the tours seem to wait to fill a shuttle)

We have dealt with the solicitation of the French Quarter all our lives so pushy pot pimps don't bother me but getting driven off into the Jamaican wilderness gives me pause.

Thanks for helping a couple of noobs from Nola!

Hi, fellow New Orleanian here (are you THAT Fleurty Girl??), I just i-chatted with Jamaica for a day and I asked how much for a taxi and he said it's about $60 each way for up to 4 people. I guess they would break it down to $15 a person? I can't see that they would charge the same for 2 as they do for 4. Which is of course, the same price as they are selling the transportation for on their website :cool:. So, I'm not 100% confident in the answer, but I haven't been able to find the answer on these boards.

The last time I used Jamaica for a Day in Ocho Rios, we waited over one hour before the van arrive. It was raining and very disorganized.

You are better off contacting those private guides or use the taxi at the pier.

The advantage of using a guide is their price is a lot cheaper. And if the weather is not nice, you can always go somewhere else than the beach/resort.

We were supposed to go to the Iberostar but the weather was cold and windy so we ask the driver to stay with us for the day and go to Montego bay and shop around.

If Courtney is not available, which I doubt since he has many drivers working for him, try Peat Taylor or Martha Shaw.

I don't have their e-mail but search this board and you will find it.

Personally, I have not found cheaper than Courtney. We were one hour late at the meeting place and he was still there waiting for us. Now, this is what I call reliable.

Fluerty girl (if this the New Orleans/Northshore one) I see your name every where. Of course in a good way. Just All my friends on facebook that comment on your postings Which sailing are you on in February. We will be on the February 19th Conquest. Getting Excited for Our Cruise.

Archived